Cramps

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

agsiul
Power poster

Cramps

Post by agsiul »

Do any of the women out there get bad period pains? I was wondering if it was connected to the dyspraxia. I was told that I have weak lower back muscles and that my pelvis has tilted because of being doubled up in pain. I'm just wondering if any of these things are connected and if anyone else was able to sort this problem out.
meow
Regular Poster

Re: Cramps

Post by meow »

I used to have bad period pains but I found going on the pill helped. :) They still hurt but they're not as bad.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I'm on the pill for years same as yourself but I'm not sure how healthy it is to be on them for so long. Yeah I agree still wouldn't be in a party mood but I can get to work which is the most improtant thing.
DyspraxicButProud
New member - welcome them!

Post by DyspraxicButProud »

Oh my goodness! I can't even begin to tell you how bad my cycles used to be. I'm not entirely sure if they were related to my dyspraxia or not, but they were so bad that I ended GOING on birth control just to ease the pain . . .and it did. I didn't want to go on painkillers. I just wanted to regulate my periods in the hopes that it would ease the pain. Before taking the birth control, I would lie in bed with tears in my eyes and it felt like I was going to pass out. . .even die! That's how bad it was. Of course, despite me not "doing the deed." I'm not married or in a relationship. *giggle* I take the oral contraceptives JUST to regulate my cycle. Also, it's done wonders for my complexion. ;)
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

Yeah. I agree. OMG speaking of doing the deed. The last two times I tried to get a smear done it was so painful I had to stop the doctor. I couldn't do it. Id have to be knocked out to be able to try it again. I agree period pains were excruciating. the pain was as sever as the migraines.
Jovita
New member - welcome them!

Post by Jovita »

I'm the same! I have a really high pain threshold, but even so the first day or two i can barley move sometimes.
lunalovegood
Getting settled in

Post by lunalovegood »

There may be a connection. Weak back muscles tend to lead to more pelvic and abdominal pains. Have you tried doing any strengthening exercises like Pilates? I know that when I was in better shape, my period pains were less severe.
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I used to get really bad period pain but going on the pill helped. I hardly have a period now and some months i miss one altogether. :D
bookgirl
Getting settled in

Post by bookgirl »

I have really bad period pain and irritable bowl which seems to be worse at that time of the month. I often have month long pain and discomfort which is sometimes (not always) helped by being wheat and gluten free, but it's expensive and difficult! I also thought I was dairy intolerant but goat's/sheep's milk alternatives break my skin out too, so it might be casin intolerance. I've heard it's quite common with ASDs.
I also get killer PMT and have fairly horrific meltdowns which leave me with family/relationship tensions, guilt and physical scars.
I have been on different pills in the past but some which were supposed to help acne actually made it worse and bloated me up. It's been a few years since I tried any contraceptive pills - the implant should never have been given to someone prone to bad skin the family planning nurse helpfully told me when I was getting the second one removed! Given my experiences I'm reluctant - then there's the fact that I'm hopeless at remembering to take medication on a regular basis.
Are there more 'modern' ones available that I should try? I'm 32 now. Tried 'the pill' when I was late teens/early twenties to regulate cycles/in the vain hope of helping my skin. Tried 'the iplant' for six years between 21 and 27. Use barrier method of contraception as well? Help!