Food temperature

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Catwoman42
Power poster

Food temperature

Post by Catwoman42 »

I weondered if this was just a me thing...I ate an ice lolly last night and didn't enjoy it very much as the coldness was almost too intense in my mouth. I hate very hot food and especially hate very spicy food for that reason. I hate that burning sensation in my mouth. Is anyone else affected by this?
Ruth
Power poster

Re: Food temperature

Post by Ruth »

Too hot - no way
Too cold my teeth hurt
Wrong texture - can't eat it
Too spicy - my mouth burns
and to top it off I can't bare food to touch the roof of my mouth (I know!! proper weird) and I can't stand the noise pf metal on metal - cutlery banging togather or scraping!!

Mealtimes with me....such fun! :banana:
blocparty88
Getting settled in

Post by blocparty88 »

It's the same for me: I don't like it when my food is too hot/cold... But on the other hand, I love spicy food (but not too spicy, just a little bit) :) I also hate the sound of metal on metal, thought I was the only one...
minniemoo
Power poster

Post by minniemoo »

eek! I am waaaay fussier! I like different things at different temperatures. So chocolate is best straight from the freezer, not fridge. Coffee must be scalding. Water never too cold - always room temperature. And so on... Heehee! I need the temperature and the texture to be what I expect from each thing! Am a fussy creature :D