Any writers/artists here

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fogarty.Michael
New member - welcome them!

Any writers/artists here

Post by Fogarty.Michael »

Hello all,
I am in the process of putting together a collection of work for publication by people who suffer from dyspraxia. If anyone here is interested or knows anyone who might be, please drop me a line. With any joy we can write our way out of just being the awkward people in the corner
This Wild Dream Lies
Tim G
Super poster

Re: Any writers/artists here

Post by Tim G »

I am not really a artist or writer as such but i am intrested in lava lamps and lighting etc and have got a number of pictures relating / about this - could this be usefull.
The real Mr Potato Head
Leo and cherry

Post by Leo and cherry »

My wife and I are artists - we Are involved in various projects including filming & recording music videos, photography of bands at live gigs, we also make props and special effects items and prosthetics etc for theatre and film use. You can check out what we do on our Facebook page leoandcherry - would love to be involved
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I write plays only for fun though. I attend a writers group at my local drama group. If you want a read drop me a pm

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Rebecca
Getting settled in

Post by Rebecca »

I'm a textile-artist, mainly just for fun. I've not been up to much lately due to a sewing machine break down and a full time job but what you've got planned sounds pretty interesting.

Bex
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

I write, but mainly in my spare time. I've written about two thirds of a book plus about a dozen short stories. I tried to get an agent on board about 18 months ago but sadly they declined. I will do so again but not until I have something as close to perfect as can be.
Moot
Power poster

Post by Moot »

I'm an artist. Well, when I have time! Love drawing but unfortunately that career path can't really get in to and I don't know what the heck else I can do with my work-life that I'll be content with. :/ But yeah... artist of sorts. :) It's a late response, but what were you thinking of doing?

Just to add: really would love to write more, too, but if I have little time to draw at the moment, I have zilch time for writing!
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
kdt2402
Regular Poster

Post by kdt2402 »

I do art, music and poetry if that helps?
Wills

Post by Wills »

Hey This Sound awesome I'm a playwright

I'm from New Zealand I only finished my degree last year but I've already written four plays. One of those is about a young guy with dyspraxia. I am also writing another play about a family with a dyspraxic daughter.
I would be happy to share some samples of my writing with you.

In the meantime you can have a look at my facebook page if you'd like.

http://www.facebook.com/shilliamwakespeare
Rosequartz

Post by Rosequartz »

Hi.

I'm 28 and just finished my degree in Music Performance. I found it during my degree that I have dyspraxia and it changed my life to finally begin understanding how my brain works. I still struggle a lot with being different and I find it hard to work a normal day as I get so overwhelmed, but I spend a lot of my time at home writing songs. I have some music online that I have worked on the past few years, and it can be heard by the links below. I will always write music as its the only thing that keeps me going.

http://soundcloud.com/karenharmony

The link below is an album I wrote for my degree. I was exploring working with digital music:

http://soundcloud.com/luminaire-band

I love to write and I'm looking at getting onto a creative writing course soon to help develop more lyrics and poetry. I'd also like to write more philosophy but I find it hard to get the words out of me and onto paper.

Thanks for reading :-)
Good luck with your work!
anna40

Post by anna40 »

Hiya.
I am completely hopeless at art but I do love creative writing especially poetry. Here is the link for one of my poems if you're interested (its about being dyslexic and dyspraxic).

http://www.hi2u.org/visitors/dragon.htm

As opposed to so many things I find poetry,especially, is something I can really get into. I try and write as much as possible in my spare time. Please feel free to pm if I can be of any help :)

Anna