Fear of Failing First year college Economics last retry.

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Fear of Failing First year college Economics last retry.

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

I need help.

I am on a University access program in the republic of Ireland Sligo St. Angelas college and my Economics exams has to be handed in today before 1pm. It is now 09:50 am in Sligo now.

What does "By what process will the Peanut market reach equilibrium?" mean??? I have to do a diagram which I find it extremely challenging to draw.

How would I do the following exercises and questions?

9.Suppose the current market wage rate for petrol station attendants in Toronto is $6 per hour, a new minimum wage is introduces by the government, at a rate of $7 per hour.
(i) Illustrate the equilibrium station before the introduction of the minimum wage.
(ii) Explain and illustrate clearly the effects of the minimum wage on petrol station attendants in Toronto.

1 a. On Graph paper, draw the supply and demand curves for the world and. separately, the supply and demand curves for the United States.

b. What is the world equilibrium price and quantity for oil?

c. With free trade in oil, what price will Americans pay for their oil? What quantity will Americans buy? How much of this will be supplied by American producers? How much will be imported? Illustrate total imports on your graph of the U.S. Oil market.

d. Suppose the United States imposes a tax if $4 per barrel on imported oil. What quantity would Americans buy? How much of this would be supplied by American producers? How much would be imported? How much tax would the government collect?

e. Briefly summarize the impact of an oil-import tax by explaining who is helpful and who is hurt among the following groups: domestic oil producers, foreign oil producers, the United States government.

2. For the following questions, use the Data in problem 1 called Supply and demand for oil in the entire world including the United States, above. Now suppose USA allows no oil imports.

a. What is the equilibrium price and quantity for oil in the United States?
b. If the United States imposed a price ceiling of $18 per barrel on the oil market, would there be an excess demand for oil? Give its numerical value.
c. Under the price ceiling, quantity supplied and quantity demanded differ. Which of the two will determine how much oil is purchased? Briefly, why? So briefly explain why.

Now I done my last attempt in the Economics exam which I didn't do to well in and this assignment is also my las attempt or go.

I have only done Maths as far as division and long multiplication because I was in Special education for 18 years and am now 25. I find it very challenging to draw straight lines and struggle with formulas and figures and understanding instructions, certain words including Maths words and difficulty understanding questions and doing graphs and keeping straight and estimation. So I would accidental often take up allot of space or leave too little space for example numbers on a graph. I am not great with percentages and have forgotten how they are done.

I only went as far as 12 timetables and no further.

I need help forming a graph and keeping straight and forming the right supply and demand curve, estimating which direction the curve needs to go for example coming on from the left or right, shifting to the lift or right, decrease in price, increase in prices and going up and down, diagonal, vertical, horizontal and vertical.

Thanks for listening.

Btw if I fail Economics, I fail the whole course even though I passed 7 subjects already. 3 subjects have to be done and you have a choice of 4 subjects then.

WB.......
AlleyCat
Power poster

Re: Fear of Failing First year college Economics last retry.

Post by AlleyCat »

I hope you don't fail the whole course, as you've done really well to pass 7 subjects. Sorry I couldn't be of any use in answering the questions, but I don't know that much about economics (although perhaps I know a bit more than the British Government seems to :lol: )

Seriously, though, I really think your college should have made some allowances for your dyspraxia. Have you told them you have it? If you have, they really should have provided you with some kind of support, such as a personal tutor with knowledge and understanding of disabilities. Over in the UK, if a student has a formal diagnosis of dyspraxia, he or she is entitled to reasonable adjustments such as extra time in exams, as well as possibly getting Disability Services to liaise with the student's academic department to give him or her the best chance of passing. I hope something gets sorted out, as it would be such a shame if you failed the whole year just because of one subject :(