Greetings from Australia!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tillydog
Getting settled in

Greetings from Australia!

Post by tillydog »

Hi!

I'm tillydog and I'm 38 and was only officially diagnosed last July! I'm originally from England and have been in Australia for 16 yrs! I got married last year to a fantastic bloke who understands about having special needs as he's severly Dyslexic. But it works well, I help him with any paperwork and he does all the manual stuff.
My interests are going away in our caravan, trains, planes and cruise ships and also Cocker Spaniels! We have a 14 and a half year old Cocker Spaniel called Lady who we rescued from the RSPCA when she was 7 yrs old.
Tim G
Super poster

Re: Greetings from Australia!

Post by Tim G »

Hi Tilly

Welcome to the forum - I hope you find it usefull and to be part of our comunity, I don't think we have anyone hear from australia so it will be intresting to see what its like being a dyspraxic in that part of the world.

Your intrests in traveling sound intresting - what kind of places have you been and your experances etc.
The real Mr Potato Head
tillydog
Getting settled in

Post by tillydog »

Hi Tim!

Thanks for your reply! Well my biggest travel journey I've ever done was when I came to Australia from UK in 1996!

Love going away for the weekends with our caravan. Hubby & I have both got the cruising bug now after doing a 3 night cruise back in November. We're going on our next cruise in January 2013 for 8 nights \:D/

This is the ship we went on in November http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findac ... RH&wuc=AUS but she's currently in dry dock undergoing revitalization, so she's going to look a whole lot different to when we went on her!

This is the ship we're going on in January [urlhttp://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/s ... de=VY&br=R][/url] Very very exciting!!
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

Sounds good - i havent done crusing myself yet but it seams good so enjoy.
Going on long weekends in a campervan sounds really nice, another thing I have yet to try.
The real Mr Potato Head
tillydog
Getting settled in

Post by tillydog »

I'm so so so so so so so so excited!! \:D/

Am so fortunate to live in a city that has 2 ports for cruise ships, so most weekends during cruise ship season are spent taking photos of the various ships! Along with cruise ships my other obsessions are aeroplanes and trains!!
BinaryBovine
Getting settled in

Post by BinaryBovine »

Wow tilly, sounds like you are living the dream. I am green with envy but v happy for you! :grin:
Socially awkward penguin
tillydog
Getting settled in

Post by tillydog »

Thanks BB!