shaking

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

krackerz1590
Getting settled in

benign tremor

Post by krackerz1590 »

i have a benign tremor when anxiety plays or depression this can increases if stressed or put under alot of pressure or concentrating hard on tasks my mum also has this too so don't know whether genetic or whether it part of everything ii suffer with through my condtions i have whether has anything to do with them? or something else? whether events play a vital role? can anyone shred light on this as i've wondered for so long what could be the cause of this? no one seems to know the 'real answer' behind it? had it since i was young so ???

i confused over this

the people i know who talked about it says isn't AS related so what could it be though if not?

anyone else suffer with this? please share
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Re: shaking

Post by Lithium_joe »

I had an interesting experience about a week ago. Hard to explain in words, but I had a uncontrollable urge to just shake, like excess energy was stored in my limbs. I stood in front of my mirror and just shook and after about 5 minutes I felt better.

I make no claim towards normalcy.
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.
Robletthenob
Getting settled in

Post by Robletthenob »

My whole body doesnt shake but if im not doing anything with my hands im either continuously tapping or my hands just constantly shake i can never seem to be able to stop them shaking its rather odd but doesnt really worry me, it shouldnt though should it? :lol:
Couldn't live without dyspraxia, taking it away from me would be to take a chunk of my personality too
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Have judders shooting up my spine on occasion , random times normally .
meow
Regular Poster

Post by meow »

I shake so much. I think its because I get VERY VERY nervous/panicy in social situations and then people constantly comment that I must be so cold. I can't really tell them its not related to the fact I'm cold (although I do shake a lot when I'm cold too) so I end up being given coats and being made to sit by the heaters.
Maau
Getting settled in

Post by Maau »

I don't know if this is the dyspraxia or not, but sometmes I feel like I have to twitch or shudder. Just once or twice and that doesn't happen often. I also shake when holding tea cups, or carrying a plate or something.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I shake like a horse whenever I'm excited or stressed. I get that sort of ripple thing that they get.
DyspraxicButProud
New member - welcome them!

Post by DyspraxicButProud »

Yes, I know that this is a bit of an older topic, but I found this post to be rather interesting. At first, my doctor may have thought that the shaking was the on-set of Parkinson's disease, but it really is just a symptom of dyspraxia. Some people get it really bad and some people don't get it at all. I guess it depends on how bad your dyspraxia is really. Mine isn't terribly, but I will find myself shaking a tremendous amount for a few days at a time. It gets really frustrating because I'm trying so hard NOT to be clumsy. People have become rather intolerant of my clumsiness and it's really, really embarrassing. :(

Good to know that I'm not alone.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I used to be really bad when I wasn't on the drugs because I was so cold. I think that people thought I was chattering my teeth and shaking for attention.
abby
Getting settled in

Post by abby »

i get that too. i dont get it specifically after exercise, it seems to be more from stress for me.
it is horrible when it happens when on a long bord, when it happened to me, my devisional superintendant thought i was having a fit, and tried to stop the exercise (i didn't let him though). i think the stress of that much touching to get me on the bord started it.
you cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

Oh yeah interviews are a problem because I'm so stressed in the interview and I have to wear a suit so I can't wear my thermals! I was on the yard today so am wearing all of my thermals!