Re: weak ankles

Post by Alex »

do you fall over often i sometimes go over if iam running very fast
whizzpopbang10
New member - welcome them!

Post by whizzpopbang10 »

hey guys im new

my names kayleigh and im nearly 18, i was recently diagnosed with dyspraxia and i have noticed a lot of my problems have been to do with dyspraxia.

i also have weak ankles mainly my right ankle, but my ankle also tends to give way which is kind of embarrising as the last time it went i was running and ended up scraping my face across the floor :blush: i also go over very easily on my ankles recently i was walking on an uneven path and i went over on my ankle at least three times and ever since my ankle hasnt been quite right, i already have insoles in my shoes for my flat feet and was wondering if anybody knew of anybody could help me????

cheers

whizz
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Mine (right as well ) gave out last wednesday and i tumbled .. after just walking sigh. !!!! If i dose my self with piracteam im fine . Well so far ;)
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I get the same if i walked more than two miles normally i can do two-three miles but lately i have just been managing a mile or so with lots of small rest breaks.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
mooseman
New member - welcome them!

Re: weak knees

Post by mooseman »

does anybody have buckling of knees, weakness of knees?
any remedy for that anybody?
Grackle
Regular Poster

Post by Grackle »

Funny you should mention knees mooseman. Over the last month or so one of my knees just randomly gives out. It doesn't hurt of anything, it just bends. My ankles have been doing it a bit too. Weird.
Grackle
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Again something i had a few years back . Core muscle training you get from yoga Ashanas could be the key there ?
sanabitur_anima
Getting settled in

Post by sanabitur_anima »

I hurt my ankles a lot.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I hear ye. My joints are very weak. Particularly my ankles and wrists. i don't run now but when i was a kid I would twist my ankles all the time. Very painful. and now even if I pick up something, open a window, etc. my wrists can go.
Maau
Getting settled in

Post by Maau »

Yeah it happens to me sometimes, it happens less now I am older but it can still happen. I also get a lot of foot/ankle pain if I walk for too long.
littlemissbump14
Getting settled in

Post by littlemissbump14 »

Thanks for the enlightenment guys!
My ankles are 'weak' too. They turn over all the time, but it doesn't hurt :) (unless i scratch them on the floor or something, but well, duh) As a kid i used to fall every time this happened as it threw my babalance off, but took me years to figure this out! We always assumed i'd literally tripped over my own feet!
It's nice to know it's dyspraxic- I always just thought it was personal quirk of mine.
My feet turn in too, ankles again tilt in, as do my knees, is this related too? Bizzarely I walk on the outside of my feet, the back outside heel always gets worn out on my shoes really quickly!
I did see a physiotherapist about it a few years back but he poohpoohed it and said I had a normal gait. So I don't have inserts, I just try and be sensible with footware.
As for the heels comment I can't walk in 'proper' heels, however I do have a pair of nice shoes from Clarks (of all places) with a wide based cuban kitten heel. Basically, they are only an inch or so high, but appear higher, and the heel is a normal shape, so they look cute and sexy- but I can still walk in them! Dance shoes are also VERY good for this, low heels (if you ask, some are high stilletto-esque and scary) and well made so useable, they just need new soles for outdoor use. It might be of help to other women who want sexy shoes that are also practical!
x
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..."- Good advice from Dory
abby
Getting settled in

Post by abby »

yh, i get really painful ankles. they have this habit of folding underneath me as i walk. an according to one of my friends, i walk with my feet at odd angles. i wear big boots, normally combats, or police style boots. they stop me screwing my ankles to often, but when i dont wear them, (for example when bowling) and i have to wear shoes with little to no support, i cannot walk. i have neoprene supports for if i have to wear normal shoes.
you cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails.