why are some days more difficult than others?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Evasura
Power poster

why are some days more difficult than others?

Post by Evasura »

OK, yesterday it was a ridiculously day. Apart from the usual bumping into tables and people and spilling coffee of my coffee mug (I don't even count this as it happens all the time), I fell down the stairs, I cut two fingers with cardboard and I hit myself with the edge of a table and now I have a hump on my head #-o . Other days, I have very good days or weeks when I don't have a single accident. Does anyone know what makes some days more difficult han others? when being busier? upset? stressed? has anyone monitored it?
Eva in London
cpr02
Regular Poster

Re: why are some days more difficult than others?

Post by cpr02 »

i kind of have but just with myself ! :D and haven't really noted anything that triggers it yes things can get worse when im tired upset or stressed but not all the time e.g some days i can feel tired but my dyspraxia wont effect me other days it will i can also get sore muscles in my legs and arms if i am stressed or have been on my feet a lot i think one of the symptoms of dyspraxia is that you can be prone to having good and bad days ?? but was never sure if this was meaning clumsyness etc or in terms of mood but im sure there is a link hope i helped :D :D :D
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

probably both. I guess, as always, we'll have to suck it up as I've been doing for the last 36 years. Thanks for reply. It's always nice to know I'm not the only one :D
Eva in London
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

To be honest I really don't notice.

Until I read this post I hadn't realised that I had cut my finger on a snail, scratched myself on a bramble, sliced a different finger open (origin unknown), made a hole in my trousers from catching a box, and just now walked into a suitcase stubbing my toe.

Just an average day for me. :lol:
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

=D>
Eva in London
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

I think many people find that their dyspraxia is worse on days their are tired or stressed and I find the same as well. On days where I am tired, stressed or worried, I find my symptoms to be a lot worse.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

When I'm tired or stresed then my dyspraxia gets worse.
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I agree with you Creative, there are days when i am so tired and stressed and i always find i make the stupidious of mistakes like counting wrong walking like a drunk person and going pale white. But on average i have about two bad moments a day like miss judging distances, bumping into furniture.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)