short fuses

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alex
Power poster

short fuses

Post by Alex »

I find myself sometimes having short fuses i sometimes snap at people i have got a lot better but sometimes when i stressed out or there are many things going on i find myself getting cross and upset does anyone else have this problem? Alex
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Re: short fuses

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I used to have a really short fuse but have got a lot better over time. I can be a bit snappy at times but the majority of the time I'm fine. \:D/
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I have a fairly short fuse which is made even shorter when I have PMT...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

i do get cross at work with people bending the rules jumping in from the steps etc i dont shout i have a word in there ear but sometimes i get cross very quickly
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Computers.

I should know better. I don't believe in dualism. I know it's not a malicious entity out to make my life more difficult.

I know this.

but I'll still curse their microchips unto the thirteenth generation for anthropomorphically deleting my files on purpose.

I'm conflicted. \:D/
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

thanks for that
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i find i have same thing short fuse when tired ,stressed anxious depressed or sensory over load of backgroun noise or PMT i feel so irratated and annoyed at 'smallest of things' trigger and upset me i become 'touchy' and sensitive emotionally /mentally!
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

sometimes i still do get cross but i just take a breath and crack on and sometimes just go for a run just to keep calm but i used to have a short fuse and do get cross sometimes but i have found ways to control it maybe if you find yourself getting stressed just count to 10 or take deep breaths hope this works
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i tend to self harm to keep myself calm and relaxed grrr... wish i didn't but works for me on and off since i was 14 years old!!! an habit and addiction at night secretly when i'm alone and everyone is in bed!!!
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Maybe you should see someone about that... from time to time I have self-harmed, but I know now that it is because of my Borderline Personality Disorder.

I really think you should seek medical advice.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

Yes I aggree salf halming is extremely dangerous
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i have had general counselling but got referred near enough straight onto Complex Difficulties Clinic (CAMHS) i saw clincal pyschologist /pyschtrist when i was around 14-16 then was waiting and got assessed and referred over to Adult MHT where i had a pyschtrist none of which MH services by NHS i found useful or helpful i work with the NAS as i also have AS and they have a pyschologist on their team as discharged myself from NHS treatment asd felt worse and like nothing was improving from years i'd be going there they wasn't very understanding and supportive really just judged cristised and my family too under spotlight all time too much stress and pressure i found it numbs me blanks me helps me cope and deal with pain hurt confusion lost etc emotions /feelings that i 'bottle up' and can't talk i hide away and want to run away i had two major events happen this year our house family always busy hectic choatic one i not balming it on that just saying can be up and down like my moods i been on meds anti depressants started 14 yrs old prozac i had mirtazapine but stopped that in june when major thing happened to me suddenly doctor said no point if hadn't been taking them for months! it's like being on emotional rollercoaster i constantly worn down drained etc so to keep going i have NAS 2 support workers 3 times a week twice for 2 hours sessions and another one for 3-4 hours i just HATE myself and my LIFE!!!! i don't go off to sleep until late which affects balance of mood i suffer with officially depression and unofficially anxiety paranoia suicidal urges etc i feel like bipolar at times ......
StageFighter
New member - welcome them!

Post by StageFighter »

I do have a short temper on occasion. Over the years I have managed to fairly successfully curb this problem. It does however still fairly frequently show itself, generally in a more controlled, suppressed manner. My friends know it, jokingly as 'the rage'. Which amuses me, provided I'm not annoyed... The biggest difficulty is that once something has unsettled me in this manner, I find it difficult to let it go and the ongoing stress this causes me and those around me is generally worse than the initial problem...
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

Why is it we have such short fuses? Lack of any sense we are being understood?
StageFighter
New member - welcome them!

Post by StageFighter »

I do quite frequently cause arguments by 'going on' at people, simply because I am constantly fearful that they won't understand what I am talking about. I can certainly find this very frustrating.