old age

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

conor
Getting settled in

old age

Post by conor »

any thoughts of how we will be when we are old?will dyspraxia get worse when old,or will it matter to us anymore?
Emmur
Getting settled in

Post by Emmur »

well, I have seen a neurologist about my balance difficulties and I can safely say at least the balance and coordination will get worse. He said about me that theres no way of telling when, maybe in 20s/30s maybe in 60/s/70s cos even normal people get worse at these things through aging so obviously those with already poor skills will get even worse. don't know about the other problems but Im assuming mental deterioration would be similar
hmm
conor
Getting settled in

Post by conor »

my girlfriend said it perfectly,that how we are when we are old will depend on whose with us,if shes with me life will be perfect when im old O:)
strabright
New member - welcome them!

Re: old age

Post by strabright »

yep - we will just be the same as everyone else for a change as the neurotypicals will start stumbling about the place :ghug: but we will be better able to cope as we are accustomed to it and they are not :?:

I am 47 and I do think the co-ordination issues have become more pertinent. :rolleyes: just generally I am feeling more dyspraxic than ever before #-o but cant be sure if its age-ing related really quite aside from dyspraxia :blush:

But I am more prepared for the pitfalls....I think.... except recently I have started to trip over the door frame at the halldoor and I keep ....doing....it....
Starbright