greetings

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

the cats whiskers
New member - welcome them!

greetings

Post by the cats whiskers »

greetings everyone from planet dyspraxic \:D/ i am pleased to be able to talk to so many like minded people and share our many hopes and concerns. my name is maria and i am 38 years young. i live in walthamstow london with my husband and 8 year old son, who has already been diagnosed as being dyspraxic.

during the last few weeks i have been reading your various postings, and have found them very helpful and interesting, thank you for that =D> i no longer feel alone with these horrible gremlins inside my head. i know that i can come to you for help. i know that you will all understand. its great that we can all help each other.

my main head gremlins are low self-esteem and an extremely bad short term memory, which can get very embarrassing at times. also whatever i do, i do it very slowly. i dont do fast at all. do other people have that same problem too. it is also impossible to do two things at once, it all goes wrong and i end up forgetting things. :*(

hope to chat some more soon O:)

maria
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Welcome to the community, Maria.

It's certainly good to discover that you're not the only person out there facing the problems you do. Hopefully you'll find this a good place to share and talk about your experiences.

Dan.
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Hi Maria,

Welcome to the forum, I hope that you continue to find it of help to you. Feel free to post your feelings, concerns or questions on your Dyspraxia and you are likely to find at least one of us has experienced the situation and may be able to offer advice or guidance. Hope you enjoy the forum.

David 18
the cats whiskers
New member - welcome them!

greetings

Post by the cats whiskers »

hi dan thank you for your kind reply O:)

this forum is such a great idea. i have been researching about dyspraxia since december,when i realised i had it. i looked through books and websites. all this information was very helpful, but it was all writen by professionals, cold and sterile. so the next step obviously was to try and find people who suffer from it themselves. you learn a lot more that way, real emotions, real struggles, real triumphs and real stories from people who live with it every day.

anyway dan, i hear you are going on your travels soon O:) where are you going. i am sure you will have a great time.

i was sad to hear about your bad assessment experiences. its frustrating that they dont want to actually commit themselves to saying you have dypraxia or whatever. its obviously very complex and can be mixed with many other conditions and it makes them very hesitant to pin it down. its absolutely disgusting that you may have to wait up to a year to be assessed ](*,)

i am going up to a neurology hospital in central london next thursday to find out about being assesed myself. i hope i will get some joy there. i will let you know.

i suppose you will wait until you come back from your travels before you take things further. are you going to go private as you said. if i have to wait then i will wait. dyspraxia has been with me for 38 years, so waiting a little longer makes no difference to me.

bye for now

maria
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Hey Maria,

Pleased to meet you!!! Its good to see that this forum is helping other dyspraxics!!!

Cheers

Fuzz :D
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....