Hello, Mareka here...

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

quirkygirl
New member - welcome them!

Hello, Mareka here...

Post by quirkygirl »

Hi my names Mareka I am 26 and I have been diagnosed with spatial dyspraxia since the age of 15. For years I struggled at school with Geography & Physical Education. I always Knew that I was bad at team sports and had bad sense of direction just because that was me. I didn`t really get the help that I needed from my secondary school - I was seen as being "slow",but never "stupid". So. I work at my local hospital as a housekeeping assistant. Not really the job I want but...beggers can`t be choosers. And at least I have any job, despite how horrible I think it is. I love rock and indie music and often do karaoke at one of the many pubs I go to.I also enjoy dancing and have learnt ballet,tap,modern,jazz,Irish dancing and most recently, CEROC. I am an avid fan of both Stictly Come Dancing & Dancing On Ice. Dancing doesn`t seem to affect my co-ordination,in fact it just seems to make it better. I realy like to swim (if and when I get any time). It would be nice to get to know more Dyspraxics, especially from around my local area. It`s nice and refreshing to know that more have it and doesn`t make me feel so alone.
Without you, today's emotions would be the scurf of yesterday's.
Creative
Super poster

Re: Hello, Mareka here...

Post by Creative »

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 24 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. My secondary schoool knew nothing about dyspraxia and didn't help me.
sazdenny
Getting settled in

Post by sazdenny »

Hello Mereka~ I'm dead impressed you do loads of dancing.. I love dancing, disco, punk, techno, anything!! but I'm proper rubbish coz I keep toppling over all the time!! I'm glad you never got the stupid lable.. Perhaps if you do loads of dancing you could think of it as a future vocation, coz whenever us dyspraxics find something we can find our way round we become the very best at it.. Anyways its nice to meet you here!!
Saz
x

=o)
Dont diss my praxia man...
=oD
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Hi

Welcome to the forum!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...