I have a job!

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Jus leave the URL for this place lieing about somewhere he might find it.
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I have recently started a new job, well, a month ago, and have been struggling to settle in, which is why I have been quiet on this forum lately.
Ruth...this is for u....I was havin a really hard time this week, really struggling with the change, and I remembered your posts on this thread and it helped. I dont mean that in a nasty way, but I felt better thinking "oh Ruth went thru this too, it really must be a dyspraxic thing" Thanks to that and talking it out a lot with my fiance, I have managed to adopt (or should I say force myself into) a much more positive frame of mind, and the last 2 days have been a lot better. So thanks for bearing your soul on here Ruth, cause u really helped me this week :banana:
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

robyn

Post by robyn »

good to hear you're getting on better
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

Kinda yeah. Its gettin there, slowly lol

Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

ah donnaf yur words made me smile. i'm so glad all my waffling is anything other than totally irritating. And it really helps to have an avenue for venting. Like tonight, the reason I'm here is that I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I'm tired ( permanently) and I have no time for me and just exactly was so bad about being an optician anyway?

A new job seems to be like exam stress but without the refief of having an exam date and therefore an end to the fear...oh but then there's the results and then what do you do after hmmm well alright not the best metaphor but I'm tired and feeling a bit defeated. I could go and get a job in a garden centre and happily play with plants all day long. It's so tempting...........

Hello everyone , I miss you , wish I had more time to spend here. Hope you're all well sorry

xx
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I know exactly how u feel Ruth. I have mainly got past the feelin close to tears every single day thing, but I still dont especially like my job. People there can be a bit stuck up. Have concentrated on seeking out the good people, but I was still thinking bout leaving today.
Luckily (?) I only have a 6 month contract at this place, at the mo, so I will be free at the end of March. I dont think the DWP is a good environment for someone like me to work in.
The thing is, by the end of March I will have to either make another change (grr I hate change) or take an extended contract if they offer me one, which I'm told the most likely will. Dunno which is worse. As long as I aint unemployed again, thats the main thing.
Oh to be a kept woman! I'd love that!

PS U have nothing to be sorry for Ruth. And, speeking for myself but I'm sure others will agree, none of your posts have ever irritated me.

robyn

Post by robyn »

I love my job, and by that I mean I love what I actually do each day when Im there, but I hate the bitchiness and inconsistancy of staff and how that impacts on the kids and what I have to do in my job. For the first time since Iv been there I feel sick of it. Def some days near to tears.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

ullo everyone

working from home today so I've got time to post, work is going much better - I haven't had a sob in the loos for ages! like about a monthor so - perhaps 3 months is how long I need to get used to a new job, useful to know.

the folks I work with are great and I'm getting on well with everyone - that's very important to me. I'm still permanently tired and I don't think this is the right place for me on a long term basis - the stress is too high. I'm producing plans for the parks hehe in Reading and they will be implemented and it will make a big difference to the town - so I am making the world a better place in my own little way.

I definately like being a student more than I like having a job so I'm considering a phd when I'm finished this degree.

It'as very hard juggling everything - work , children, homework, music practise cooking washing sorting cleaning spending time with my lovely hubby ( without whom none of this would be possible) so it's no wonder there is so little time for me in there. I miss the time I used to have but I'm enjoying the intellectual challenge of this job and my confidence is growig almost daily! I keep doing these really scary things and then thinking ah ha look what I can do.

Anyhoo must do some work - hope you guys are all well and I'll hope to post again soon

lol xxxx