Job in Tesco

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmlc451
New member - welcome them!

Job in Tesco

Post by jmlc451 »

Anyone ever had a job in Tesco? What was your experience like and how did your Dyspraxia affect your work?

I'm considering applying for a part-time position at Tesco. I start volunteer work in a charity shop soon but I need a job that earns me some money. My disability advisor mentioned that Tesco have policies in place to ensure disabled people aren't heavily discriminated against. I wondered if anyone else has worked there.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Job in Tesco

Post by Tom fod »

They are meant to be a supportive employer and presumably staff are trained in awareness and being positive.

Worth researching their website or even popping along to local store for an informal chat about openings roles expectations and training etc
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

You could also consider trying Asda.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
james92
New member - welcome them!

Post by james92 »

I would say go for it and be honest and open with all employers.

All interviews are great practice even if your not successful, but all employers should be accommodating as much as possible. I would be very surprised if a supermarket wasn’t supportive :)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Thanks for joining us James92 and for the encouragement.