Employee of the Month.

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Employee of the Month.

Post by Tom fod »

You need to ideally tell this to your employer or just tender your resignation and give notice of your planned departure. This may affect your access to JSA or other benefits if you seek to claim.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur »

I asked for training for autism, didn't get, said that they didn't have the time. But, I've managed to convince work that the person with autism, should only be allowed a hour a day with me, because she would just be following me around, doing nothing, she's not allowed to do any heavy lifting, or using any machinery. This is not backward this job, it's a company that gets over 13 million pound a year and we're budgeted on our ear plugs.

I just don't care anymore, pointless talking to any of my family or friends about it, they both tell me that I should be grateful that it's a job, I mean if your main goal in life is to go work, be miserable, then you've failed in life, which I have. Dyspraxia has become nothing more than another problem in my life, and I wish that I never had.
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

So my option is cleaning out toilets for a living, or be on benefits for the rest of my life. What a great life, I must lead. The lowest paid in the factory while everyone looks down to me.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Many will take the view that you gave a job, others have not! But it's not that simple and fear of .change and uncertainty can and do leave us feeling trapped.

Hope you find a way out and a job that is stimulating.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

So now I've been the duty to look after two building. Yet no pay rise. I'm done with this.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

So have you spoken to your immediate or higher superiors to voice your discontent, concerns and general dissatisfaction?

I can appreciate that you feel you are the lowest of the low, but how much is this coloured by your own view of yourself? They previously recognised you as employee as the month, which from your telling appears to be a dubious honour rather than something to celebrate and strive to win again?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

It was my supervisor who decided that I should look after two buildings.

They only give me employee of the month because the other cleaner is off. Haven't had any praise since. Not a single word.

No pay rise.

To get the pay rise, I have to look after the two buildings, meaning it is impossible.

I'm past caring now. I was born to fail in life.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I find I can be fearful and a bit too averse to change for my own good.Also I think as intelligent people we do need roles. That are intellectually rewarding as otherwise we can become very disincentivised

You’ve made some possibly astute observations about poor management at the factory where you work and quite understandably feel trapped and resigned to your ongoing predicament and feeling very much the martyr. all I can suggest is keep politely and persistently informing those who listen of your unhappiness, However, it’s worth remembering they likely have their own personal gripes so won’t always see, understand or particularly care abou your own.

I guess you probably don’t have much option to drive change so you may need to look at small wins rather than significant change for the better right here and right now.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

My option is either be stuck in a place that I hate or be long term unemployed. I've been informing people about my problems for close to year now, and nothing has been doing.

They're adding more and more jobs to my list.

I can't talk to anyone about it, even my family, because they just ignore me and tell me that I should be grateful that I have job.

This job has give me a toe infection, because I've been rushing around the workplace, and I've had it over two months.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

So have you been to Dr about your toe. Is it sufficiently bad that he/she might sign you off for a week or are you effectively on a contract where they only pay if you turn up for work?

Have you thought about other employers and types of work available in your area that you could do instead or is this best paid and available job available in your area presently.
What would your current employer do if you found another job or hinted/showed definite signs that you were seriously and actively looking to move on.

Can appreciate that you feel trapped as if you told then to stick it, there’s nothing you cd escape to and DWP could ask awkward questions/take a dim view if you resigned.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

The doctors just keep giving me tablets, and then podiatry appoinment, which is always two weeks after the tablets have stopped, and the infection has come back.

There is no good or paid jobs in my area.
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

We're close to losing our biggest contract at work, so I might be out of a job soon.
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

This company has gone either further downhill.

They are threatening to give warnings out, if you don't do overtime, when they ask, and if you refuse to do the overtime, you lose a bonus for the full year, it's a way to save money.

It's only Feb, and over 10 people have lost their bonuses for the full of year, that's 800 pound saved on 10 people, with more coming.

They're picking the tiniest mistake, such unable to turn into work due to sickness.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

One expects they'll come to realise that reporting sick is a right and an exercise in responsibility, not 'a mistake'!

If people come in sick for fear of losing annual bonus, then spread flu or D&V or make serious errors/have an accident at work . . .
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

It's to save money.

They hired too many people, then offered them a higher bonus, and then found out, that they don't have the money to give everyone a bonus, so they're figuring out ways to punish people.

I got accused of putting a plastic bag into a cardboard skip, which I didn't do.