Employee of the Month.

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Re: Employee of the Month.

Post by SwervingCentaur »

Now we can't make a compliant to the boss, or we'll get another warning.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

That kind of attitude is hardly going to help them as the best people will think £&#k this and just leave to find jobs elsewhere and the business will either become insolvent or be forced into bankruptcy.

Whilst you may think It’s easier to stick with what you know and hope it will blow over, you probably need to be looking at what plan b is in case they are no longer willing or able to pay to retain your services. I got made redundant from my first job when my employer became insolvent and I probably could or should have bailed sooner. Getting made redundant then wasn’t easy but it was a springboard to moving on to better and more lucrative roles elsewhere.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur »

I'm close to walking soon, I can't be here for another second, my family doesn't care, they just ignore me.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

They're probably a bit fed up with you going on about it, but still going in. People tend to not have all that much empathy for others as they don't perceive it in same way or first hand so can make them impatient.
I think we care more and as we typically need to focus harder it matters more relatively to us, but others don't see it the same and can seem uncaring and/or dismissive which can not unsurprisingly drive us mad/cause friction.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)