Feeling terrified

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

Re: Feeling terrified

Post by invisible2014 »

Thank you sounds like you have a lovely job.i he just been in bed all day feeling sorry for myself just having a small bottle of wine now
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

I wish I never went back. All they've done is taken mic out off me
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

invisible2014 wrote:Thank you sounds like you have a lovely job.i he just been in bed all day feeling sorry for myself just having a small bottle of wine now
Thank you.

I have, in the past had, jobs/bosses that have made me want to cry and it is horrible and unnecessary that they cause it to get to that.

I hope you enjoyed your wine. I went to pub last night and I'm suffering for it this morning!

Oh and it's fine to say taking the ****.

The site is taking the P now
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Hope you had a good night ,tom I'm not doing well at all feels like week will never end I've booked a drs appointment next week to discuss how much this has affected me.think I might need medicine
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur »

I feel really for you, I’ve been in your position so many times, that I’ve lost count. I’ve had a few jobs where it has gotten to the point where I have either left, or haven’t don’t well, for me to be finished as I was being bullied by the supervisor or just by the people who I was working with. My advice, if you still want to work at the same place, and you like it, try and contact someone who is higher than your manager. Joining a union could be helpful, as they will be able to protect and look after you. Contact Acas if you’re unsure what the next step is. If you signed a contract with the company, and they are making you work more than hours state on the contract, or forcing you to do overtime, which is illegal, I’ve been in a job, where I refused to do the overtime as I had already worked too much. I was only getting about 3 days off a month, I was sick of my life, I spent more time at work and asleep rather than spending time with my friends or family. I’ve finally found a job that I know I’m looked after, I wish your company treat you the same as mine did. If they haven’t given you a contract, you don’t need to work the hours that they are saying you have to, because there is no proof that you signed up for those hours.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi thank you so much for replying glad you finally found a lovely job with caring bosses.my manager has p...... Me off by not asking me if its OK or when I want to assuming I will.I'm not gonna sign any contract that afress to do any more 7-6 shifts during holiday club.I said no to that role and if it jepordises new so called 7-1 role it may be that u don't do role start looking for something else and just do bank work as nor doing 11 hour shifts everyday off holiday club .I've got a precious puppy to look after. She always says you might have to do all of holiday club as I got no.one els to ask well no I'm.not abs she can't ask me either.I feel terrified
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Please try not to feel fearful of saying no and meaning it. It puts you in a position of power. Aso make sre to formally ask for a copy of your terms of employment. They are legally obliged to provide you with a copy of these.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)