Entrepreneurship

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EricPickles
New member - welcome them!

Entrepreneurship

Post by EricPickles »

Hi guys,

Is it true that people with Dyspraxia have advantages when it comes to entrepreneurship? I'm sick of University and I'm pretty concerned about failing in the working world "under someone else". Not sure why but I have this unshakable want to have my own business but at the same time I think it's stupid and unrealistic. Through my experience with education I hate it and struggle with it but wouldn't that struggle translate when running a business. Also does anyone have any advice for starting a business (or whether this is even an option) given that I have Dyspraxia. I don't seem to be able to plan or know where to start. In-fact, if you have an experience similar to this please do share.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Entrepreneurship

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome.

We do tend to creative driven and determined which are useful qualities to have. Personally I think I’d find running my own business too much of a worry and not be able to switch off.However, we’re not all the same.Are you studying business or marketing at college.Have you considered what sort of business and how you would handle all the necessary functions required to start up and run a business?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
allesandro
Power poster

Re: Entrepreneurship

Post by allesandro »

I don't know that we have an advantage over non-dyspraxics. When I had my own business, the advantage was that I didn't have a boss to criticize me for every mistake I made. That was an advantage for me, not an advantage I had over non-dyspraxics