Failed another interview.

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Failed another interview.

Post by SwervingCentaur »

Failed an interview by one point, because I got mixed up in the roleplaying, and ended up getting confused with the difference between payment, bill, and being in credit. Only had five minutes to prep my questions and responses. I am actually starting to think that I won't ever work.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Failed another interview.

Post by Tom fod »

The important thing is that you want to and care. Try not to beat yourself about it, though I appreciate you are and I would too. It doesn't seem to help.

Role play is a new one
Not had one like that but think my last interview until today was back in 2005. I will be asked questions on examples of how I have demonstrated competancies. Oh joy. Keep on going and you will get there.

Update: My interview was an unremitting disaster as I went to pieces!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Failed another interview. I think I've failed about 4 or five interviews this year.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Have you asked them for any feedback about your application(s)?

I'm fortunate that I'm in the enviable position where whilst I was very disappointed by my failure to gain the promotion into a new job which I and everyone thought I would get. Unusually I feel some comfort in I knowing where I need to be/what I need to do next time.

I was blissfully unaware of Dyspraxia in the early 90s but got and failed multiple interviews only to fail at that hurdle and it is a horrible feeling and you really feel like you will never succeed.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

They picked someone who had better typing skills.