Proud of my jobs and work history!

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BetaBox
Getting settled in

Proud of my jobs and work history!

Post by BetaBox »

I seem to have a real nack for technology.

I understand how it works, its not an exact science.

I haven't really had problems with work apart the usual self esteem/social anxiety etc.

Here's my work history:

Late 2005 - Mid 2006:

Call Centre Agent - I quit uni after discovering it wasn't right for me and decided to go with the first job that I was offered. It seemed to be all good.

Mid 2006 - Early 2007

I was made one of the floor supervisor's, I tend to be very patient and compassionate, so my previous boss had said. I was involved in alot of staff training aswell.

Early 2007 - Today

I found my calling IT its been my hobby for awhile, been using them since I was 6. I applied for a job post at work and beat off 8 others for position as a Helpdesk Analyst.

Today!

I have been promoted to 1st Line on site IT support.

To make that jump within 4 months for anyone is pretty crazy let alone a dyspraxic \:D/. Im very proud of this. I was recommended to the head of IT within our corporation by the head of IT support, Telecomms and Networking.

Im only 21 aswell. Im just really happy.

Who else is proud of their job and what do you do?
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Well done!! It sounds like you're right to be proud!! I don't have a proper job as i'm a student. But i have a part time job during term time as a "non-medical support worker" at another uni during term time. I really enjoy it - and actually kinda miss it over the summer!!