Are There Any Other Americans On this Site?

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

allesandro
Power poster

Are There Any Other Americans On this Site?

Post by allesandro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:09 am

Just wondering if there are any other Americans on this site

Dreamer
Getting settled in

Re: Are There Any Other Americans On this Site?

Post by Dreamer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 am

Hi I am not American but I now living in USA . I find quiet difficult to find here some support group for dysparxic people. I am living at rural vermont. Only what I find close by was new york. If you have any tips just tell me thanks.

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Dreamer wrote:Hi I am not American but I now living in USA . I find quiet difficult to find here some support group for dysparxic people. I am living at rural vermont. Only what I find close by was new york. If you have any tips just tell me thanks.
At least you have Bernie Sanders as your senator. I love that guy.

Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Yes me too. That's why we chose live here. Cause even Vermont is rural state is liberal and free . Here is also lot of social services for free . Almost it feel like in Sweeden. I really love here special this lonely hills they are so peaceful and green.

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 pm

I've got family in America. Bernie Sanders is probably the only living American politician, with the only other American politician that I like, is JFK, and he’s deceased. If all of America had social policies, nobody would be bankrupt due to medical bills.

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 am

Bernie Sanders is the greatest American politician that we have. I think he might have won too,if it hadn't been for Hillary Clinton. So, for better or for worse we're stuck with Trump for the next three years. Funny thing is we're taught to be critical of nations with sovereigns, even constitutional monarchs, yet England elects its Prime Minister, in the US the electoral college elects the President, and try getting rid of a US President---hasn't happened since 1974. I know there are more American dyspraxics out there, but Americans don't know that they have dyspraxia because the diagnosis doesn't really exist here. We do have a University professor of psychiatry who claims to have discovered a new disorder called sluggish cognitive tempo, funny thing is that it has the same symptoms as dyspraxia---imagine that! Also he claims that it is just possible that a pharmaceutical drug called Strattera might be (no clinical evidence of this whatsoever) might be beneficial for this--imagine that!

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Fri May 04, 2018 2:49 am

No, not found much support here in the US

ALADDIN
Power poster

Re: Are There Any Other Americans On this Site? - Trump may be impeached

Post by ALADDIN » Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 36241.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGd7h-Tpy7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MWOHjt_3ms

Trump may be impeached. Be Prepared for President Pence or another President !!!!

I think he might not last until 2021, he might go, especially if the Democrats win control of the House of Representatives or the Senate !!!

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Sun May 27, 2018 3:34 am

It's not likely; the Republicans are firmly in power, they will not impeach Trump. It's not the same as it was in the 70's with Nixon. These people have no integrity

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Sun May 27, 2018 8:31 am

Donald will just cry Fake News! Agree he'll hang on until such time as he loses an election.

Will he and Kim get together to talk?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

ALADDIN
Power poster

Post by ALADDIN » Sun May 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Mitt Romney, John Mc Cain did not vote for him, the only living Republican Presidents did not vote for him, only Bob Dole voted for him

See,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R ... aign,_2016

Trump divides the Republican Party. I think he might be impeached. He might do something so crazy.

https://www.economist.com/united-states ... -the-house

Professor Lichtman is very intelligent.

See,

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... e-of-trump

I think, they will meet (Kim and the Donald).

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am

I'm not aware of any support with the exception of dyspraxia USA which is Chicago based. Alas, the US is not very advanced in this area. let's hope this changes

ALADDIN
Power poster

Re: Are There Any Other Americans On this Site? - Trump reelected in 2020

Post by ALADDIN » Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 pm

I have a cousin in Los Angeles, one in Houston, one in North Carolina.

I know people in Maryland.

allesandro wrote:It's not likely; the Republicans are firmly in power, they will not impeach Trump. It's not the same as it was in the 70's with Nixon. These people have no integrity
Do you think Trump will win the 2020 election (if he survives). I do not know if he gets the Popular vote, if he win the Popular vote, it will be the record least margin win for a reelected incumbent. Bush in 2004, got the reelected least popular vote margin win for a relected President (he lost the Popular vote in 2000 by 0.5% to Al Gore. Politics is polarized, Trump lost by around 30% in California, 20% in NY, Texas is competitive. I think he may lose Arizona in 2020, if he runs (he has alienated minorities).

His response to Huricane Maria in Puerto Rico was terrible, Puerto Ricans, head for Florida in big numbers(Trump won Florida BY 1.2%). He might find it hard to win Florida, losing Florida would be very bad for Trump in 2020 (it has 29 electoral college votes), almost impossible to get reelected.

If Trump makes it to the 2020 election, there is no major party challenge, no 3rd major party challenge, the economy remains good (probably no recession), he will win.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:44 am

I went to a talk at a Literature Fest last year and they had some political analysts from Washington DC and they didn't see him being impeached or throwing his toys out of the pram and resigning as just not in his nature.

I think the difficulty is like as it is in Britain: sadly not enough people see the opposition/alternative as credible. I think Jeremy Corbyn has some admirable principles but I don't feel he is pragmatic enough. I also feel the media have almost undue influence and are very biased. Anyway, I'm pretty cynical these days about everything.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I don't know if Trump will be re-elected or not. There seems to be a wave of fascism sweeping many countries these days, and the US is one of them. It's really very sad because the US I grew up in was firmly democratic, anti fascist, and rabidly anti-communist. No one who allowed Russia to interfere in an election would be permitted to avoid prison, election to the Presidency would be unthinkable. In some ways he reminds me of Hitler, just doing whatever he damn well pleases, and he gets away with it. President Obama had nominated a Supreme Court Justice for office before he left office and the nomination was simply ignored No senate hearings even held, and when Trump got into office his nomination was confirmed by the Republican senate. How sad that Americans don't stand up against these breeches of our Constitution. Americans today seem so very prejudiced and racist and support anyone who is also so. I don't know how we got so heartless. Alas, this has not happened in the city I live in. It's very progressive, liberal and democratic. The Southerners and mid-westerners are a whole different breed, so alien to those of us in the Northeast. The country has not been so polarized since the Civil War. I don't know how we'll get on these next few years of Trump's new regime. If there is some sort of national or international emergency God only knows what this man will do. He is capricious, impulsive, acts without following advise of his wise consultants and hangs on the every word of people who will tell him what he wants to hear. I could go on and on, but what good would it do. I'm sorry that the UK is also under the rule of the Tory party once agin. The rich are clearly running the world at the expense of the poor.