My brain moves too fast

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: My brain moves too fast

Post by Tom fod »

The balance between speed and accuracy is always a difficult one and I suspect quite a lot a lot of people dyspraxic (or not) struggle.

I'm not a copywriter myself but I need to digest and organise information in written form and make a correct recommendation or carry out instructions in line with a set of rules and do this multiple times a day with different tasks. Because there is often time pressure and competing priorities it is often brain frazzling and stressful as I can't type as fast/accurately as I think and get everything in that I need to get across as I need to be thorough. I do notice that the more I have to try and juggle the more stressed I can be but I have to take care of myself and accept I can't do everything.and make a conscious effirt to slow down a bit which is not an easy thing.

It also seems that the rush and need to get stuff perfect and on time can really contribute to anxiety.A friend of mine who has GAD finds that it is difficult to keep up with me as my speed of walking exacerbates her anxiety.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)