bad day at work feel like crying:(

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

bad day at work feel like crying:(

Post by invisible2014 »

What a horrible day ,ive just started changing nappies and I got asked to change two nappies and they went terribly wrong and I got told off for it and spoken to stupidly because I couldn't do it properly I feel so disheartened and sad and like I should just give up I couldn't stop crying I was trying my best not my fault I was slow I'm.new to all this :*( cabt stop crying fedl like a failure
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: bad day at work feel like crying:(

Post by Tom fod »

Sooken to stupidly implies that the person doing the speaking was the stupid one which sounds about right. As we try so hard we really don't need people pointing out everything we've done wrong as we're already hyper aware and (over) analysing and usually beating ourselves up.

Are you still at the same place?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Tom fod wrote:Sooken to stupidly implies that the person doing the speaking was the stupid one which sounds about right. As we try so hard we really don't need people pointing out everything we've done wrong as we're already hyper aware and (over) analysing and usually beating ourselves up.

Are you still at the same place?
Thankyou yea still at same place different manager so fed up I mean she gave me difficult children to expected then to be done really quickly and I'm bank staff and she knows I'm new to doing nappies
YellowSunshine
Getting settled in

Post by YellowSunshine »

Take your time and do not rush, do not stress, take a deep breathe and go at your own pace.

Could you maybe take some diapers home and practice on a doll?

Everything will be okay.

I cant really go into detail about where i work but i have the same problem with helping people put on their clothes and tying shoelaces. Its a huge struggle for me and I've been at my job coming up three years and its worse if i feel pressured about taking my time.
Ive learnt my own way of doing things and people have showed me ways to help but still get days when i feel i cant do anything

Your manager should be supporting you.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thankyou for replying maybe I will do that but I my last week off holiday club ad I'm bank staff so only a couple off days the thing that really got me was beingpressured as was difficult xx
YellowSunshine
Getting settled in

Post by YellowSunshine »

You could also maybe ask to be shown how to do it again and say you are struggling
Dont be afraid to ask for help, i always do when i am struggling.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

YellowSunshine wrote:You could also maybe ask to be shown how to do it again and say you are struggling
Dont be afraid to ask for help, i always do when i am struggling.
Thankyou for replying I feel so humilated stupid and ashamed and like I'm not worth it it ,I cant stop thinking about it although managed to get through all off holiday club,I had explained to.manager years ago how I have dyspraxia and I told this manager last week I had never done nappies before and I never goy shown ,I just cant stop thinking about it although yesterday had nicer manager in x
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Asking for help is notoriously difficult because we have to admit we're unsure and some people are sadly less than understanding. Please don't feel bad about asking for help as they do have a duty of care to you too. if your managers refuse a perfectly reasonable request for help, it puts them firmly in the stupid category, not you.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

I completely get it. I've been having a very difficult time at a job I just started in September. The irony is that I am great at my actual job but not good with learning computer systems. There is a lot of documentation associated with this job, and navigating the computer system has been extremely difficult for me until recently when I finally got it. However, it has been 'too little too late', that is because of the many mistakes I've made on the computer my boss is basically letting me go slowly simply by not giving me any new cases(I'm a psychotherapist). So as clients leave therapy, they are not being replaced with new ones. Eventually I simply won't have any work and will quietly go away. I feel completely demoralized and humiliated.I don't know how to deal with the issue since I just found out I'm dyspraxic, and basically no one in the US even knows what dyspraxia is. It amazes me how much more advanced the UK is with this, but then your healthcare is not driven by profit and ours is. So that's basically where I am, I've been very depressed and very reclusive. I would appreciate any advice.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

allesandro wrote:I completely get it. I've been having a very difficult time at a job I just started in September. The irony is that I am great at my actual job but not good with learning computer systems. There is a lot of documentation associated with this job, and navigating the computer system has been extremely difficult for me until recently when I finally got it. However, it has been 'too little too late', that is because of the many mistakes I've made on the computer my boss is basically letting me go slowly simply by not giving me any new cases(I'm a psychotherapist). So as clients leave therapy, they are not being replaced with new ones. Eventually I simply won't have any work and will quietly go away. I feel completely demoralized and humiliated.I don't know how to deal with the issue since I just found out I'm dyspraxic, and basically no one in the US even knows what dyspraxia is. It amazes me how much more advanced the UK is with this, but then your healthcare is not driven by profit and ours is. So that's basically where I am, I've been very depressed and very reclusive. I would appreciate any advice.
Hi Allessandro

Sorry we're not welcoming you to the forum under better circumstances. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with what US Employment Law Protections there are, if any? I'm aware there is a Dyspraxia Foundation USA but not sure active they are in the field of advising or lobbying for adults with the condition.

I'm sure your insight and empathy help you in your role and it is essential your employer recognizes the need to support you and value you for what you do well. We can at least offer our moral support.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator