Changing jobs

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Geeky_Vegan
Getting settled in

Changing jobs

Post by Geeky_Vegan »

I've moved house and I now live far enough from work that I need to change jobs and get a closer one.
Problem is I'm settled and I'm finding little motivation to change, but I need to. Just the thought of applying and interviews and having to get used to a new place and new people and new routines.
Any help?
Blowing out my candle won't make yours shine brighter.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Changing jobs

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there

I think most people are inclined to stick with what they know as change is a leap into the unknown. That said change can be positive.

I presume there are plenty of caring positions but run by different companies/organisations and you can't always predict what your employer,bosses and new colleagues will be like and that's frightening.

Do the company/organisation you work for operate any other homes nearer your new home? Is a transfer an option? How much less stress would a shorter journey give? Is there anyone at work you can talk to about this and hopefully boost your confidence about looking for a new chapter in your life. Remember an interview also gives you the opportunity to vet a prospective employer to see if they are offering a working environment that will work well for you too.

Hope this helps you in making a decision on what next.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)