Nursing

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Strawberryocean
Getting settled in

Nursing

Post by Strawberryocean » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi all -

I am a second year student nurse and finding it particularly hard at the moment. For a long time, i have wanted to be a nurse however, there are certain aspects that are affected by my condition. For example,i struggle to work 12 hour shifts. I often work shorter shifts to cope better, although as I get further into my training, i find people are less understanding of my need to do this and often remind me that when i qualify, i wont have as much choice over what shifts I work.

Does anyone have any tips on how to maintain my concentration over a long period of time and managing the tiredness that I experience?

Also if anyone here works in the profession and knows any areas that would suit my needs better, id love to hear. For example, I found that health care of the elderly was an area that I thrived in.

Thanks in advance

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Nursing

Post by Tom fod » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi and welcome Strawberryocean

There are quite a few here who have experience working in various roles in the healthcare sector and plenty of previous discussions that you may find interesting/useful.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Strawberryocean
Getting settled in

Re: Nursing

Post by Strawberryocean » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 am

Tom fod wrote:Hi and welcome Strawberryocean

There are quite a few here who have experience working in various roles in the healthcare sector and plenty of previous discussions that you may find interesting/useful.
Thank you, Tom! I look forward to participating on this forum :)