dilema

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

dilema

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi ive been invited for a second interview,I obviously cant go because I lied about sick days and being off sick and leaving
Jim
Super poster

Re: dilema

Post by Jim »

The advice would be, don't lie.

Honesty. Learn how to turn a negative around to a positive.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: dilemma

Post by Tom fod »

Hi
It's great that you've got to the second stage. You must have impressed them. You need to be honest and not be ashamed to put your side of the story about what happened in your last job and how you plan to avoid history repeating itself.

So are you still signed off sick or has that come to an end now? It might be an idea to see your GP again to see if he/she can organise some counselling for you.

Please don't feel you have to lie to make yourself acceptable to others. They and you need to accept yourself.
Last edited by Tom fod on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated and improved
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Re: dilema

Post by invisible2014 »

Jim wrote:The advice would be, don't lie.

Honesty. Learn how to turn a negative around to a positive.
Thankyou your right next interview I get I will email before going for interview to make it easier xx
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Tom fod wrote:Hi
It's great that you've got to the second stage. You must have impressed them. You need to be honest and not be ashamed to put your side of the story about what happened in your last job and how you plan to avoid history repeating itself.

So are you still signed off sick or has that come to an end now? It might be an idea to see your GP again to see if he/she can organise some counselling for you.

Please don't feel you have to lie to make yourself acceptable to others. They and you need to accept yourself.
thankyou my sick note is for another two weeks,next interview I get I will tell before going for interview xx
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

In theory so long as they're not looking for an immediate start from you then you don't necessarily need to inform them. However most people including us lot here would say it's in your interests to be honest and up front because if they learn from another source that you were not completely honest, that is likely to places you if a difficult and stressful position and you'll have to explain yourself.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)