should i go for interviews or not?

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

should i go for interviews or not?

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi ,I've got two. Interviews this week,one is a nursery and the other is at a supermarket my question is should I go because I don't want to make a prat off my self again thankyou
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: should i go for interviews or not?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi again

Well you could also that not going is being a bit of a prat because you might be offered as a job as a result. If it helps think of it as you checking them out to see if they're a decent employer you want to work for.

Take care to do as much preparation as you need to. Think about what they may ask and how you'll answer. If you can find someone to role play with that might be worth a go.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thankyou tom,one of the jobs is a nursery and I'm not sur how I can explain leaving job,I really miss working and children xx
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I think the best thing to do in that event they ask would be to give them the truth that you were doing well but then the job was changed and they failed in their duty of care so your position became untenable. You could even go as far as asking politely for reassurance on how they would handle a similar situation.

You can do it and I think many people placed in the same position as you were would have resigned.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thankyou so much tom xx
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Tom fod wrote:I think the best thing to do in that event they ask would be to give them the truth that you were doing well but then the job was changed and they failed in their duty of care so your position became untenable. You could even go as far as asking politely for reassurance on how they would handle a similar situation.

You can do it and I think many people placed in the same position as you were would have resigned.
I stupidly wasn't honest and lied about sick days and why I left the job:-(xx
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: should i go for interviews or n

Post by Tom fod »

Hi again

So how do you feel it went overall? What were they like? Being lower of self esteem I tend to look back on interviews thinking about all the stuff that didn't go as well as I'd hoped and beating myself up for being so stupid.

I should perhaps have caveated my response that the absolute truth may not be easy and depending on how the interview is going you may need to say juggle this with feels right to you in the moment

You do have to be mindful that they may have spoken or plan to speak to your previous employers which was why I suggested sticking as close to the truth from your perspective so if that had heard from your rude boss they'd have your version to balance that.

All may not be lost.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

it's your choice, but I think you should seriously consider it; also I wish I knew what that word 'prat' means(I'm not English)
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

allesandro wrote:it's your choice, but I think you should seriously consider it; also I wish I knew what that word 'prat' means(I'm not English)
Prat (noun) - an incompetent or stupid person, an idiot
Can also refer to buttocks

Please bear in mind date of original posting when responding to older posts but if you consider your post adds something helpful or useful go right ahead.
Last edited by Tom fod on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Perfectionism
Tom
Moderator/Administrator