how am i ever going to get a new job?

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

how am i ever going to get a new job?

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi ,I really regret leaving my last job due to health reasons as I hate being unemployed I have no purpose to get up for and feel have lost my identity and now its summer coming up its horrible being unemployed,I get interviews but cant seem to pass interview stage,since I've left I've had two interviews at Tesco and have failed both,I've got two interviews coming up this week but don't think I will pass them and wonder whether its even worth going
maria
Regular Poster

Re: how am i ever going to get a new job?

Post by maria »

Try voluntary work (provided, of course, it won't affect any of your benefits?) Since retiring, I've been volunteering with Beanstalk.(Though all age groups volunteer with this charity.) I work on a one-to-one basis, helping primary school kids with their reading, two afternoons a week. You are allocated three kids, half hour session with each, and as it's voluntary there's much less pressure than being in paid work; Beanstalk provide games too so you can often finish a reading session with Snakes and Ladders or Snap, great fun! :D Would be something extra to put on your CV when you're applying for jobs and as I think you said you've worked with kids might be ideal for you. :)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Re: how am i ever going to get a new job?

Post by invisible2014 »

maria wrote:Try voluntary work (provided, of course, it won't affect any of your benefits?) Since retiring, I've been volunteering with Beanstalk.(Though all age groups volunteer with this charity.) I work on a one-to-one basis, helping primary school kids with their reading, two afternoons a week. You are allocated three kids, half hour session with each, and as it's voluntary there's much less pressure than being in paid work; Beanstalk provide games too so you can often finish a reading session with Snakes and Ladders or Snap, great fun! :D Would be something extra to put on your CV when you're applying for jobs and as I think you said you've worked with kids might be ideal for you. :)
Thankyou I will have a look,what a great idea xx