feel so disheartened,like giving up

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

feel so disheartened,like giving up

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi I applied seven times for seven different jobs at Tesco and I has an interview and just received emails saying I was unsuccessful for every job I applied for I've lost all motivaion and feel like giving up ,cant believe I couldn't even get a job at tesco and yet I've worked at a preschool for three years and my mum works at Tesco,I feel so.upset.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: feel so disheartened,like giving up

Post by Tom fod »

Hi again

It is disheartening and It's not surprising you feel bad given that Tesco have missed not one but seven opportunities to employ you. I imagine that they had a lot of interest for the jobs advertised and it's likely they selected from a large pool of applicants and it is likely they chose from those with more recent/relevant retail experience.

I can only imagine how disappointed you feel having pinned your hopes on getting through. Please don't be discouraged from applying for future roles with Tesco or other local employers. You'll find something.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thankyou tom I sent an email saying he was shocked I was not disabled and had dyspraxia x
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I once got declined by Tesco on account of being and I kid you not 'over qualified'. At the time I simply had my GCSEs and one mesley A level that I only just passed.

So yeah, screw Tesco.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria »

Do Tesco still have that psychology test for job applications? I remember a friend applying years ago and I think there were three or four answers to each question. My friend didn't get the job, but she heard later (not from someone at Tesco, not sure where) that they were kind of trick questions. That Tesco were looking for certain answers and the ideal candidate had to come across as someone who would not get bored easily, would not make waves yet could use their own initiative etc
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Jim wrote:I once got declined by Tesco on account of being and I kid you not 'over qualified'. At the time I simply had my GCSEs and one mesley A level that I only just passed.

So yeah, screw Tesco.
Thankyou jim,that's so bad of them,I'm probably the same ,apprenticeship,alevels and gcse ,he waa so rude I've complained about him xx
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

maria wrote:Do Tesco still have that psychology test for job applications? I remember a friend applying years ago and I think there were three or four answers to each question. My friend didn't get the job, but she heard later (not from someone at Tesco, not sure where) that they were kind of trick questions. That Tesco were looking for certain answers and the ideal candidate had to come across as someone who would not get bored easily, would not make waves yet could use their own initiative etc
Hi Maria yeah he asked me loads of questions than said I would have ab hour work trial only it was only ten mins xx