i love nature though less connected than i was

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

endoftheroad
New member - welcome them!

i love nature though less connected than i was

Post by endoftheroad »

Ive done my city guilds in landscape gardening and tree surgery , i did environmental sciences at salford university where i picked up few certificates before dropping out, also did hnd in countryside management got few qualifications before dropping out, ive volunteered with treesforlife based in scotland and the national trust for over 10+ years where ive planted tens of thousands of trees, become experienced in dry stone and cornish walling, fencing / posting, building lakes/ ponds, data management on dragonfly and butterfly populations; Path laying and many more skills; I seek work as a tree planter with a organisation be it long term volunteering or payed with accommodation
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: i love nature though less connected than i was

Post by Tom fod »

Hi again

I'm afraid there are not likely many employers trawling the internet or these forums looking for employees. You sound like you have some experience that you could include on a CV that you could post or better still deliver in person to potential employers in your area. Woulld going self employed be an option for you?

In case a prospective employer were to ask, you probably need to think about how you would explain your reasoning for instances where you dropped out but it may be better to focus on experience gained over qualifications gained.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)