Jobs

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Grace Mcfarlane
New member - welcome them!

Jobs

Post by Grace Mcfarlane »

My name is Grace ,
I am 20 years old I recently left collage in July 2016 ever since then I have been finding it increasingly difficult to integrate myself into society as
an adult. I had two jobs in childcare that I have lost in the past six months, as a result of numerous mistakes and I was not able to maintain the required pace, have made as a result of my parents recent separation because of this I find myself feeling constantly anxious when it comes to leaving the house. I just wondered if anyone else may have shared a similar experience ? If so have is there any tips that can help rebuild my confidence ? thank you kind regards
Grace
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Jobs

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Grace and welcome.

With your employment to what degree were difficulties to do with your employer understanding your different way of working or related struggles to get your head round what was required of you?
Be careful not to underestimate the effect your parents relationship breakdown has had and if possible find someone to talk to for reassurance/support so you don't have to worry as much about both at the same time.

Hopefully someone else will have some more useful firsthand experience than myself.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)