Job Interview Tomorrow!

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Job Interview Tomorrow!

Post by Lithium_joe »

Good job I opened my mail when I got back from holiday and didn't put it off!

If it's for the role I suspect, I will be supporting two children (brothers) in a school who each have Cerebral Palsy.

Communication and co-ordination problems? Now you're talking! I know whereof I speak when it comes to those. \:D/
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

good luck with it Lithium_Joe, nice to see you are back \:D/ and hope you enjoyed your holiday.
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Bless ya, sounds like a wonderful job Lithium. you go for it! *nods*
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Thanks. Will report how it goes.

I'm just printing off my personal statement and CV that I submitted so I have to hand the details I gave them so I can be consistent and enlarge on any points I made.

Then to research the role itself again so I can respond knowledgeably about my experience and training. Also researching CP on the SCOPE website - and also looking at the school's website assessing their ethos and ethic. (ile so I can say ('and here's where I see myself contributing to what you already do')

The tragedy of this is that I may only be able to work there for one term if I get the job - because I'm starting teacher training in September.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Hope your interview goes well....

Good luck!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Hope your interview went well
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Good luck with the interview.

A trick I have learnt to relax myself is to try and steer the conversation onto something you are very passionate about.
Riddles
Getting settled in

Post by Riddles »

Hi, hope the interview went well. And on a separate note, I didn't realise this, but there are a few of us in derbyshire aren't there?

I know a bit of a tangent, but anyway, fingers crossed for you.
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Riddles wrote:Hi, hope the interview went well. And on a separate note, I didn't realise this, but there are a few of us in derbyshire aren't there?
Yeah I'm from Waingroves... I’m one “A1” bus away from Heanor (10 min trip). I see Jane Higgs from SEDC (Monday Street which is in Heanor) for 1:1 dyslexia support… hah “Small world”
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Hope it went well for you Lithium_joe :)
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Thanks Everyone.

Well *I* think it went well - but who knows? There were two posts and five names I was amongst them so the chances are fairly good I'd say.

That had to be, however, the most casual interview I've ever been to. More like an informal chat really. :-s Should this give me confidence? Anyway the headmisstress seemed impressed with my committment to education as a career and my school grades and degrees. :-k

Finger's crossed eh? [-o<

Regarding the Derbyshire Connection - it is remarkable isn't it? However I must confess I am not a native. I was eight when my family moved to Chesterfield from the surrounds of Hertfordshire, and my family hail originally from Cork in Ireland, but the Mum and Dad are both from the East end of London (Barkham Dagenham and East Ham) although myself and my brother (who was three when we moved and is now 21 as of last month) consider ourselves essentially establish northerners (albeit a little bit middlandish still.)
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Chesterfield Church

OWNED!... heh... "get bent" \:D/
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

lol! the first moment I saw that pic I thought "Photoshopped" then I read it was Chesterfield and thought "fair do's".

Good luck with the outcome to your interview, LJ; those odds sound pretty good. I wish all interviews were casual and informal. I've got an interview myself this next week I reckon could well be quite demanding.

Dan.
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Well I do happen to like me Ulead PhotoImpact 12 program Daniel =).
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

no, no - it really is that bent. Twists too. 8-[