Employable Me on BBC

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Employable Me on BBC

Post by Tom fod »

Has anyone watched this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b0755nyq

What were your thoughts?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
CatstyeCam
New member - welcome them!

Re: Employable Me on BBC

Post by CatstyeCam »

Hi Tom,

Yes, I've just watched episodes one and two via the BBC iPlayer. :D

It's truly superb, and incredibly moving television! If more programmes like this were produced I would consider getting a TV set again! =D>

I felt for both Paul and Brett immediately but was reduced to tears when Brett played his piano composition. :*( I cried again when I saw Paul's beautiful photography. :*(

I was crying my eyes out when Brett made his speech - it was too much for me! :*( :*( :*( :*(

All I wanted to do was to give them both a big hug :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I found out about the programme via this Genius Within blog: http://www.geniuswithin.co.uk/blog/empl ... ssessment/

I am currently receiving coaching sessions from one of Genius Within's consultants via Access to Work.

I can't wait to watch the third epsiode :)

I wholeheartedly recommend this series to everybody! :banana:

Best wishes,

Catstye Cam :banana:
I have:
Ekbom Syndrome (RLS)
Pronated Arches
Irlen Syndrome
ASD
Eczema
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

It was really good. It would be brilliant if someone with Dyspraxia was featured on it.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Lets hope the BBC commissions Optomen to do another series and they feature someone with dyspraxia.

@CatstyeCam: I experienced very similar emotions to you. What's frightening is that I'm a 41yr old man!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I don't know if I would want to be on TV. Would you?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I too generally shun the 'cult of celebrity' though I like to be thought well of/respected.

Back in the Nineties I won an Employability Award and my picture was plastered on the front page of the local newspaper [It was a very slow news day!] with their claim that I was 'disabled' which I was less than happy with 8-(

I have a massive amount of respect for the people featured on Employable Me for coming out of the shadows to raise awareness that just because some of us are a bit different, it does not mean we can't make a very loyal and worthwhile contribution if people will only look past our difficulties and give us a chance/help draw out our abilities.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator