Ideas to increase efficiency

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

screengreen
Power poster

Ideas to increase efficiency

Post by screengreen »

Help ..... I have under performed..... boss sympathetic but I have to increase my service user contacts ....I am doing this but working 2_3 extra hours a day any ideas to increase my administration efficiency? Also someone mentioned a google organisation app on here awhile back anyone know what its called?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Ideas to increase efficiency

Post by Tom fod »

I believe the App you were thinking of was/is Google Keep, Posted on 15 Sep by Simon
http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... 6&start=30

How much control do you have as to how you are able to discharge the responsibilities required by your role?

Service user contacts? is this measured by the number of different clients or number of hours spent in face to face or other contact with the people you provide OT/Sensory Integration Therapy to vs time arranging appointments/travelling writing reports and general admin? Will the fact you were on a course not skew the number of hours/service user contacts?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Anyone here used Robin...., Siri like personal assistant?
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Service user contacts is the number of different service user visits face to face with them, or with a member of their family/care team, it counts as 1 contact if I send 15minutes or if spend 3hours with someone. It is in my opinion not always the best for service users to do 3 short visits when 1 longer 1 would work better. With regard to my course I self funded because and took annual leave, and was not allowed to use service users although they did benefit,
1 .it better equipped me to give advice[ using evidence rather than intuition] re possible presence of dyspraxia.....due to service being increasingly asked this
2. Because I 1as being asked to do sensory processing assessments with only half the knowledge
3. Because both me and my family have issues with praxis .... we are dyspraxic and have sensory sensitivities

It has done this but as with all knew knowledge you have to think so that does impact but it has undoubtedly benefited my service. But sadly its all about numbers!
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Sorry just read the above it sounds like a rant! I think I wed feeling frustrated at the NHS still trying to think about how to work smarter because I definitely feel like I can't work harder! ](*,)
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Don't worry, sometimes you need a rant to let off steam. Don't forget you can edit your own posts if you really aren't happy.

Management seem to be obsessed with trying to measure and compare everythimg even when the comparison is at best illogical.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Simon
Getting settled in

Post by Simon »

Hi Screengreen,

First of all I would like to say that in a previous job I worked as an operator on a components placing machine in a circuit board stuffing production line.
At my evaluation I got the remark of being slower then my colleagues.

I replied to my boss:

"That I may work a bit slower then my colleagues, but the quality of my produce is higher then that of my colleagues.
And thus the time I loose because producing higher quality is peanuts in comparison to the time gained by my produce having less rework(repair) afterwards.
"

He did not agree with me because a boss rarely does.(it makes them feel incompetent I guess :) )
But in my last week working there, there was a meeting with all operators and my boss told everyone that the quality needed to go up even if it meant working a bit slower.(because there was too much time spent on rework)

This said I would try to convince your boss of your opinion about multiple short or 1 long visit.
Maybe you can have a satisfied client write up something telling they prefer your long visits over the short ones of colleagues.

What do you mean by administration?
Do you have to write up visit reports en would like to make notes during the visit or on the go?
Is it to keep track of your appointments?
Do you take a laptop with you or just a smartphone or tablet?

I mentioned google keep before for making notes on the go, because it's linked to your google account so you can open the notes in a browser on your PC or laptop en copy/paste straight into the report, which I find very convenient.

I have no experience with Robin or Siri
But that's because they don't work well in Dutch, and Flemish isn't even provided as a language
So I don't use speech to text.
Still they might work for you, curious about your experiences.
Time is something that may change me, but I can't change time so f*** it.
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Hi my manager, completely agrees with me on contacts, unfortunately the health care commissioners don`t.....I will have to discuss influencing the commissioners :-)
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

No doubt the commissioners have little idea having never worked at the sharp end Grrr!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator