Tying an apron?

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Create8
New member - welcome them!

Tying an apron?

Post by Create8 »

This is something I find really difficult in my new job (my first job, infact).

I work on the counters at Sainsbury's and obviously I have to wear an apron over my chef's whites, but I have problems tying it up.

Can anyone give me some tips please? ](*,)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Tying an apron?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

is it possible to tie the knot and bow in front then swivel the whole thing round and put you head through the top bit. Are the strings long enough to have the bow at the front instead?

Its these seemingly basic things that can be so difficult we can only feel rubbish 8-( I'm not even sure I could get away with the excuse that I'm a bloke. so I work in an office

Hopefully others can offer other more useful suggestions/solutions, or try googling it.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Wayward
Getting settled in

Re: Tying an apron?

Post by Wayward »

I'm not great with tying apron strings either. Don't feel bad.

Is there a way you could attach some velcro to hold the apron tabs in place? Or something similar? I'd imagine you'd need to speak to the people at work to get permission but I'd expect it would be classed as a reasonable adjustment for your job.

Congratulations on getting your first job. :)