dyspraxia training at work

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

red
New member - welcome them!

dyspraxia training at work

Post by red »

Today i had my fisrt session of dsypraxia and dsylexia training in work. I had a specalist come in and talk about how they effect my at work. The fisrt thing i said was that they made me feel stupid when i look at how all my collgeus are getting on. It was intersting as she was talking about how they can effect people and how it was effecting me. I explained all the things that i find diffecult to do.

one of them was about my poor memory. mostly short term. I came away thinking more psotively about my dsypraxia and dsylexia but then on my way home realised that i had forgotten to lock up the roffice i had been useing. I only remebered about two hours later. It kind of explained perfeclty how i struggle on a day to day bases. now i am feeling stupid and less postive than i did.

I guess i am haveing a confidence crises. I dont raely want to go in tomorow even rhough i will force myself.

Does anyone else have bad problems with there memory? mine is so bad that i can remeber what i am saying and half way thoguh a sentence sometimes forgot what i was saying.

thanks
I am not stupid. I am dyslexic and Dsypraixc. Nothing is impossible!
Wayward
Getting settled in

Re: dyspraxia training at work

Post by Wayward »

My memory is pretty bad sometimes too and I can totally relate to what you say about remembering 2 hours later.

It doesn't mean you're stupid, it's a symptom of dyspraxia. :) I know it can feel horrible sometimes but don't beat yourself up, it's not your fault.

I wonder if remembering things much later is something about how our memories work? We don't forget completely, it just takes a longer while than usual to resurface?