Working lunch

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fordinand
Getting settled in

Working lunch

Post by Fordinand »

So it was a little hectic last Friday during lunch time. I was told by my manager today that my collegye had complained that last Friday 'she did everything'. I couldn't at all remember 'what I did' last Friday so I asked her on Facebook a little while ago to remind me, I also asked my collegue who was also 'doing nothing' apparently.

According to the 2 of them, I was changing nappies. So I wasn't actually doing nothing. I now remember that 3 children had done a poo and it was mandatory that someone had to change them. I also remember her calling out to me asking 'how long am I going to be as the children were going mad'.

The problem is, I can't physically rush nappies. I can't physically rush at all! I can't help it. And the last nappy I dealt with... Let's say I could have died in there!!!

The problem is that we worked with 3 staff. 2 in the room and me doing nappies. We were supposed to have 4 but I'm not sure why we didn't. So if she needed help, she should have gone to the ones that were absent from the room, not the one that was busy, or at least tell me that she is struggling and I would have asked an absent member of staff to finish up the nappies and I would have gone in the room. Communication is a 2 way thing unfortunately.

She's going to talk to me on Thursday so I will explain what's on my mind respectfully. I'm one of the mature ones there so it should go alright. And I will have to tell her about my dyspraxic suspicions and my struggles with speed and what not. I'll probably have to bullet point the facts so that I don't trip up on my words; I'm so bad at talking under pressure so I don't want to ruin it and just agree with everything she says!

I'm already happy that I brought it up to her. Just a step forward to becoming an assertive person :)