Medication for concentration at work

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Syndicki
New member - welcome them!

Medication for concentration at work

Post by Syndicki »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. I work in an open plan office and am very easily distracted. Can anyone recommend and medication/ supplement that I may be able to take to help with this?
screengreen
Power poster

Re: Medication for concentration at work

Post by screengreen »

Can't suggest medication/ supplements and would worry about the effect they had on your body, but I am in the same situation (and my colleagues insist on having the radio on) so I am about to try ear plugs about £3 from boots you (or you could use an MP3 player if you have music you can work to. could also try tinted glasses, asking to sit in the corner of the room or getting in early enough to grab that space you could also try chewing gum as the chewing movement may help concentration ...I am an incurable pen chewer .... personally I would only use medication as last resort as it may have many unintended consequences.
maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria »

Syndicki wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. I work in an open plan office and am very easily distracted. Can anyone recommend and medication/ supplement that I may be able to take to help with this?
Don't know about medicines/supplements but ALWAYS eat breakfast. Porridge is probably the best choice, considered one of the superfoods, very low calorie, very filling and very cheap. I personally buy the sachets (99p for 10 sachets in some of the bargain stores) add milk and bung it in the microwave for two minutes. (I use three sachets tho, fills me up for hoursr! :grin: )

If you skip breakfast or have something not very nutritious (I used to eat a large Kit-Kat and then wonder why I was hungry before I even got to work) your brain isn't going to be as efficient. Also heard that all the berry foods, not just blueberries, are good for a quick brain boost so a great snack at work too. Hope that helps! :)
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

berry and porridge are great, will have to start putting my out the night before!