This made me feel worthless today.

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LuluBoo
Getting settled in

This made me feel worthless today.

Post by LuluBoo »

I used to do casual at a nursery and the day after my 19th birthday they stopped giving me shifts
I gave them my new phone number ect and if they couldn't reach me on my mobile they'd ring my home
But over 20+ months of them not ringing me I got my P45 through the post (oh goodie)
So yeah I feel kind of worthless now :(
AlleyCat
Power poster

Re: This made me feel worthless today.

Post by AlleyCat »

It really stinks that they left you hanging on for so long. If they weren't intending to give you any more work, they should have told you ages ago. I would be very frustrated as well- people like that just have no sense of common courtesy!
LuluBoo
Getting settled in

Re: This made me feel worthless today.

Post by LuluBoo »

AlleyCat wrote:It really stinks that they left you hanging on for so long. If they weren't intending to give you any more work, they should have told you ages ago. I would be very frustrated as well- people like that just have no sense of common courtesy!
Exactly I was waiting for ages after that
They were moving premises but I should have still been on file
It's very annoying, I made a point to give my new number as I was signing an hour sheet so I got paid as I was moving to a cheaper network than the one I was on