any ideas ???

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cpr02
Regular Poster

any ideas ???

Post by cpr02 »

is anyone else like me ?? clumsy, poorly coordinated and finds it difficult with practical sequencing :D I need to go on a manual handling course for my work and know that this will make it difficult and i will have trouble remembering the sequencing of actions when this happens it makes me make more mistakes, feel embarrassed :blush: - especially if someone points it out and annoyed and I'll feel like people are watching me anyone any ideas on how to make things any easier ?? or any tips on how to manage learning the actions carrying out practical sequencing - thanks :banana:
maria
Regular Poster

Re: any ideas ???

Post by maria »

cpr02 wrote:is anyone else like me ?? clumsy, poorly coordinated and finds it difficult with practical sequencing :D I need to go on a manual handling course for my work and know that this will make it difficult and i will have trouble remembering the sequencing of actions when this happens it makes me make more mistakes, feel embarrassed :blush: - especially if someone points it out and annoyed and I'll feel like people are watching me anyone any ideas on how to make things any easier ?? or any tips on how to manage learning the actions carrying out practical sequencing - thanks :banana:
cpr02, are you in the civil service (like me)? Because if you are, you can do the manual handling course via a computer course instead! Maybe it's the same in local govt if you work for them? Several years ago, however, I did a manual handling course (before we had the computer course option) and it wasn't as bad as I thought. First of all, they ask if anyone suffers from back problems and if you do they don't make you lift and carry stuff to see if you do it wrong. So tell a white lie and say you hurt your back a couple of years ago and they'll be too wary of asking you to do stuff.

I know in an ideal word we should say we're dyspraxic but in my experience most people aren't bright enough to understand what we're trying to explain. *sigh*

Maria
cpr02
Regular Poster

Re: any ideas ???

Post by cpr02 »

hi thanks for your reply I don't work in the civil service and unfortunatley there is no option of taking the course via the computer and also it would be people from my work running the course so would know if I told a white lie about hurtting my back - unfortunatley there is no escape !!! #-o I get what your saying though I wouldn't want to tell them about my dyspraxia because I don't see how it would help ?? people don't always understand do they