Employee of the Month.

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Employee of the Month.

Post by SwervingCentaur » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 am

I got employee of the month for July, but only because I was rushing around, doing two jobs at once, giving a handful of work to do while my job list gets bigger and bigger. It's a very unorganised company. Lack of communication. Lack of staff. Work overload, small building. The company hasn't got the space to expand, but are signing more contracts.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Employee of the Month.

Post by Tom fod » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:52 am

Congratulations on at least getting recognition of your contribution.
Is anyone else concerned about the additional work being committed to and how the company will manage to fulfill the requirements to the required standards?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:13 pm

The company doesn't care. Just today, we've had one person pass out due to the heat, one person nearly passing out. There's no health and safety, well done correctly, the glass line exploded, and one person was cut. Half of the people in the work are lazy and get paid more than me. The company is so unorganised, something goes wrong every day. They just add the workload on top another workload. Signing contracts when they know they haven't got the space or the staff. It's already changed companies name in the space of a couple of years.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Sounds dodgy it would drive me mad. I can expect myself to be a bit disorganised as is everyone but if it affects people’s safety comfort and convenience my tolerance can really run out
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm

The roof collapsed at work. They've changed my job title, I'm now down as a factory cleaner, and not as an industrial cleaner. I have to do my work and the other cleaner's, because she's useless, doesn't turn in, always goes home while claiming to be "sick" I get paid less than others, who stand around doing nothing, I do more work than people on the production lines, and get paid less. They want me to now clean the smoking shelter, but I don't even smoke.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Would imagine there are a lot of people who would object to cleaning a smoking area but under the terms of your contract can you refuse?

Is there an opportunity to get a standing about job and can I get one? Actually I find I need to be doing something all the time at work so it would drive me to distraction. When it comes to keeping my flat clean/tidy that seems to be a whole other kettle of fish.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 pm

They changed my job role. I am supposed to clean up the smoking shelter, and now they're expecting me to clean people's uniforms, if the other cleaner hasn't got the time.