little macy
Getting settled in

games

Post by little macy »

what is the best game console out
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

well I haven't voted because, although I own a PS2, I think the Wii looks best of the bunch and that's not on there!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I dont like the Wii, I have to be careful about the games I play in general as they can cause me to have seizures. But as far as I am concerned the PS2 is brilliant, but I also get on well with PC games.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I'm not convinced I'd enjoy the Wii and don't ever intend to own one.

I reverse-inherited my brother's PS2 (he's younger than me: thus objects of worth travelling up the generational line rather than down or across seems perversely noteworthy;))

Sorry - tanget - moving on: I'd be tempted to go with a PS3 once and only when they come down to a sane and afforable price: which will probably be about the same that the format and expertise in programming for the platform starts to be well established and games become better and actually worth owning, rather than just being super-powered versions of what we are already used to. This is a common trend I find: the new consoles have games that always underwhelm given the technology is probably capable of and will seem so when you look at the back catalogue only few year hence.

Until recently I would have added that fidelity to certain platforms of my favourite kind of games (Resident Evil and Smackdown!) both of which used to be wedded to Sony's machine are now cross-branded.

So for that reason the Xbox 360 looks more attractive than I would otherwise contend, however I never liked the original x-box interface and pad, and the new 360 seems to replicate this only worse. So I'm not sure I'd actually enjoy playing those games on that machine even if they look technically superior to the output of the PS3 (to judge by the screenshots I've seen, the 360 packs more 'oomph')

I'm sticking with my kacnkeed and badly listign Ps2 for now (and slightly peturbed that I heard tell that the PS3 won't be backwards compatable - Sony if that's true you are being monumentally stupid)

Pay over-the odds for something that half-as good as the rival and won't play the games you already own. Yeah that'll have 'em queuing round the block.

Anyway I'm not about (nor can afford to) jump into bed with the 360 but I think Sony are not persuading me to stay loyal to them

So, in short: Opinion is, as they say, divided.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I'm divided on the matter at the moment. I would go either with the PS2 or the Wii. Seeing as the wii isn't an option that only leaves PS2. I think I would like to get another PS2 as it has a lot of games that can be played on it, and at reasonable prices now.
little macy
Getting settled in

Post by little macy »

the will are only go for a group of people but the 360 is a lot better
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

I;m happy with my ps2 till I finish my degree.

no time for games.
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

PC Games for me :)
becky1986
Getting settled in

Post by becky1986 »

see i would have to vote for the wii my flat mate has one and its great though i do have some problems with the whole co ordination thing esspecially on the wii sports but its still fun to have a go \:D/
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I love the Wii and its so fun.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I am quite happy to stick to pc games atm, have got a ps1, but that isn't in the list, don't play it though as I don't have a tv, as think the license price is outragous for rubbish!!

esp. seen as can't get freeview. so won't be playing the ps1 until the big switchoff
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Can I vote for the spectrum ;)

Seriously though, the wii has it in the right now. Since all of my 360 experiences have involved crashes and glitches and nobody around here can afford ps/3 and all of my wii experiences have been great fun - there's not a lot in it.

The ps/3 and 360 might get better as more games come out and microsoft fix stuff retrospectively, but they're not there yet.
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

this must be a dypraxia thing - when I was younger and used a joystick on my PC, I could only use it if I turned it round, so I pushed it down to go up, and left to go right etc. This worked fine in my mind, never had any trouble directing things on screen. Can't do that with a joypad on my PS2 (unless anyone knows how I can reconfigure it!) - consequently, I play games less than I might cos I can't use the joystick element successfully!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Greg wrote:Can I vote for the spectrum ;)

Seriously though, the wii has it in the right now. Since all of my 360 experiences have involved crashes and glitches and nobody around here can afford ps/3 and all of my wii experiences have been great fun - there's not a lot in it.

The ps/3 and 360 might get better as more games come out and microsoft fix stuff retrospectively, but they're not there yet.
I remember the ZX spectrum was the first game system I had, I used to have hours of fun with the 150+ games I used to have. Even though when I was younger I had to have it fixed 4 times.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

It was hours of fun. It was also hours of staring at that load screen and praying that the tape didn't have a minor fault that'd destroy the game :P

Good times :D