Postal Strike

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

gherkin001
Super poster

Postal Strike

Post by gherkin001 »

So here we are plunged into the middle of yet another postal strike. I almost feel the urge to deliver the post myself if it means I dont miss me mail, especially as Ive got Clive's birthday pressie coming. And its his birthday on the 20th.... I hope and pray it gets here on time!!!!!!!

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I ordered books that I need for uni from amazon, but the estimate delivery isn't until the end of the month because of this! I need those damn books ](*,)
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Im sure they enjoy winding everyone up!
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Well if the union and the RM still don't come to an agreement after this strike there is going to be another rolling strike. They are rapidly losing the sympathy of the general public each time they strike though. :-#
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Its just a real pain when you order something and need it by a deadline but the postal strike means its likely to be late.

Kirsty
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Personally I think we should stop using Royal Mail and vote with our feet and use another service provider.... Now that there is a choice....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Well, TNT are beginning to offer an alternative to Royal Mail, and as soon as it is running here that is what im doing. Im going to boycott Royal Mail because there are just too many strikes and other problems, ie mail going missing, taking months to appear days when the post doesnt arrive at all in whole streets (when there is no strike).

So I'm going TNT all the way.

Kirsty...
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I ordered 2 SD memory cards nearly 2 weeks ago, eta. last Friday (Guess who it was being delivered by?) yeah Royal Joke!!

so having to wait nearly a week, some postal service. don't worry, I did send the seller an e-mail, saying it was the first time I had been let down by them, because of the royal joke.

and told them to put the other delivery service back on, as I would much rather pay the £4 delivery than have to wait nearly a week after eta.

also spent all of Friday waiting for the parcel, and it didn't arrive, then about 11:30 pm, I recieved an e-mail from another company saying that all orders would be dispached by corrier, as royal joke were on strike (again!).

so the web-site I bought the memory cards off let me down there as well, as they failed to inform me, I don't have a tv, because it is a joke paying £135 a year for rubbish. so I wasn't in a good mood when I sent them the message.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

well an up-date to this, I finally got my memory cards 21 days after it was sent, hmm. some Royal Joke I think!

at least it wasn't like back in the early 90's, where everything was on stand still, like the M4!! just because Royal Joke went on a summer holiday in the fast lane!!

or certainly seemed like it, as it used to be stop/start traffic in Cardiff, where the traffic even though it is slow sometimes, never usually stops on the motorway there.

not sure about during these strikes, as I haven't needed to drive during them, or go, and come back passed Cardiff