Sprained ankle still hurts after an injury

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Sprained ankle still hurts after an injury

Post by lubellasquee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 pm

So about a month ago I fell over in the street spraining my ankle. I will admit I was incredibly stupid and despite being barely able to walk I continued to go to work. A few months later despite it near enough healed my ankle still keeps hurting in the same place it did weeks ago, should I book another appointment? Or does that mean it’s healing?

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Sprained ankle still hurts after an injury

Post by Tom fod » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 pm

I sprained my foot in June last year just walking to bus stop. After getting an x-ray which confirmed I hadn't broken anything I was trying but not being at all good at resting it. I had to take at least four days off to rest it properly before swelling reduced and I was ok enough to hobble about and walk 10mins to bus stop and get to work and sit at desk.

A month after spraining my foot I was able to walk 26miles over Cotswold Way for charity sponsored walk I'd signed up to. If you are concerned go and see your Doctor or medical professional as comparing injuries like this is not really objective.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Re: Sprained ankle still hurts after an injury

Post by lubellasquee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Good point, I will contact the doctor during this week it’s just weird it’s still hurting. I did have an X-ray myself and was almost sent to A&E but it would be better seeing a doctor