Nightmare Neighbour

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Nightmare Neighbour

Post by lubellasquee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:19 pm

My boyfriend has a nightmare neighbour who is Council (he’s Housing Association) and ever since she moved in 5 years ago she’s made the lives of the whole street a misery, some have even moved because of her.
She plays loud music, dumps rubbish out of her window, doesn’t control her dog’s barking, fly tips outside my boyfriend’s house, caused criminal damage on numerous occasions, withheld parcels.
8 different families have complained about her, my boyfriend has also gone to the council about her, has kept a diary for the past 6 months and his family has got recorded evidence of her causing criminal damage (which the council made them delete).
Today my boyfriend has had a meeting with the council who have told him that he has been accused of harassment by this neighbour (she has a habit of accusing people if they complain about her) and as she’s accused his indoor cat of giving her dog fleas (she’s done this to other neighbors too) if she continues to complain about it the cat will be taken away by the council. It’s so hopeless she’s been allowed to get away with it again! All because she has a child, she’s also made false claims to the police about harassment.

Sorry for the rant

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Nightmare Neighbour

Post by Tom fod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Can she prove the indoor cat is the source of the flea infestation? I imagine your boyfriend uses preventative measures (shame her parents' did not.) What steps has she taken to look after her dogs's welfare ie flea and worm treatment?
Has she ever been reported to police or RSPCA?

Privacy laws are complex and council may have advised he delete video if it was inadmissable /could give her a lever if she was on her own/public landeven though that does not excuse her antisocial behaviour

The law is rubbish and she likely would claim poverty or victinisation if council threatened her.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Post by lubellasquee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Not really, but it doesn’t seem like the council is listening to evidence in the contrary, she’s accused other people’s cats in the street also. We use preventative measures for fleas every month just in case, we even spray the house and hover regularly, because just because the cat doesn’t have fleas it doesn’t mean that someone might not inadvertently bring them in. I have no idea with the dog, he seems healthy (I don’t know much about dogs) he just barks a lot any hour of the day.
His other neighbors have had no complaints about the cat.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:16 am

Has the council got evidence this dog has fleas and that your boyfriend's' indoor cat is the source of the infestation?
Last edited by Tom fod on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Post by lubellasquee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 am

Not really, she has blamed other people’s cats. We fitted a cctv doorbell recently and she was caught trying to deface it which the camera caught and footage was sent to the council as far as I know she’s on thin ice now. Also it was my boyfriend not brother sorry for the confusion.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Confusion was all mine! You have said it was your boyfriend
Some people are more crazy than us!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator