thinking of Emergrating to a different country

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shadwell

thinking of Emergrating to a different country

Post by Shadwell »

I have been thinking for quite a few years now of packing bags, and leaving the UK, and possibly for good. seeing my Australian cousins over the last few weeks has made me think even more than usual about it, like nice sunny days most of the year around, not quite sure of the really hot temperatures though.

I used to think my life was in the UK, but friends have become scarse over the years, and some friends, I even feel why even bother with? as they become more me, me, me. and not so much the how are you? and what is happening in your life? and what do you want to do?

so much so that I am there, saying whatever, and feeling more, and more excluded, and I was thinking what is holding me from waving goodbye to the UK? and so far there are only a few things, family, my belongings, the fact that have nearly always lived in Bridgend, and a couple of friends.

what is for me going, better weather, family to get to know, better lifestyle, different scenery, new places to explore, and not being in rip off UK!

so I am going to give myself another couple of years to think about it, and try to get some money saved, if I don't get ripped off by another company. and then make my break, as i am sure I will still feel the same way then, in a way wishing my parents made a break for it then, instead of just moving to a different house.

ok probably be upset to see all my things go, but at the same time happy for the new adventure, and a totally new begining, without memories of the past hiding behind every corner.

where would you go if you had the choice? or would you stay in the UK?
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Personally I would say go for it..... don't leave it to long as when you are young you adapt more quickly.

My parents had a place in spain. Should have moved there when I had the chance!!!!!

I say "would the last person to leave the UK - turn out the lights!!!"
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

I want to go to Australia
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

There's a lot of the 'grass is always greener' syndrome with looking at living abroad. Having lived abroad and spent a lot of time overseas travelling myself, I can understand there are certainly some attractions with what's abroad but don't fool yourself into thinking that other countries are without their problems. Moving away from problems won't necessarily alleviate them nor will it necessarily be easier to make friends, especially when you're in a unfamiliar culture and surrounds.

This all said, I wouldn't rule out living abroad by any means, but I'd thinking long and hard about it, and do plenty of trips and planning before making a final decision. There are plenty of these moving abroad programmes on TV highlighting that the shine can wear off the sunshine enhanced appearance of foreign climes before too much time has passed. Not all these people are fools. Living in a different country makes for a big change in many expected and unexpected ways.