Forthcoming General Election

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Forthcoming General Election

Postby Tom fod » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:54 am

You're all very well behaved on this forum so I'm going to set myself a challenge and ask what people think will happen next week and what this might mean for us all?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Yossarian
Getting settled in

Re: Forthcoming General Election

Postby Yossarian » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:06 pm

When the election was first called, it seemed like a Conservative landslide victory was inevitable. I still think that the Tories will win, but it won't be the clean sweep that Mrs May might have been expecting.

Mr Corbyn has certainly made himself a good deal more credible in the eyes of the electorate with his performances in the TV debates. Mrs May has, by contrast, floundered when questioned, refused to debate with the other party leaders and undermined her own credibility. That said, I don't think that Mr Corbyn will be able to gain the necessary ground to pose a credible threat to the Tories.

Even if (as some polls predict) we are faced with a hung parliament, I can't see Labour forming a coalition government (I believe that Labour have ruled out a coalition with the SNP).

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Forthcoming General Election

Postby Tom fod » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Well a hung parliament it was. Was completely unable to decide as tbh politicians increasingly seem to promise all sorts but are short on the detail of how they will deliver! Meh!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Return to “The Lounge”