Room 101

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

katherine100
Getting settled in

Re: Room 101

Post by katherine100 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm with you on hating writing and drawing by hand too Dan. I am embarrassingly bad at drawing and I way prefer typing to handwriting. So much easier!

Clumsy
Getting settled in

Post by Clumsy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Haha, yeah!! Let's just slate Christmas!!

The other thing is that it throws use routine-loving neurodiverse types into disarray with extra bank holidays, doing different things on different days, and random short weeks.

Philip, good points!!

Clumsy
Getting settled in

Post by Clumsy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:20 pm

I've got another one... PASSWORDS!!!

I understand the need for them, but I seem to spend my life clicking on the forgotten password button unless it's the password I usually default to. Is there also any need to have such requirements of a password? £ isn't a real word, neither is @ or # or ?. If I struggle to remember the normal word type of passwords, how the heck am I going to remember one with all those in? And to add insult to injury, people say you shouldn't right them down. WTF??

HopefulMike
Getting settled in

Post by HopefulMike » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Clumsy wrote:I've got another one... PASSWORDS!!!

I understand the need for them, but I seem to spend my life clicking on the forgotten password button unless it's the password I usually default to. Is there also any need to have such requirements of a password? £ isn't a real word, neither is @ or # or ?. If I struggle to remember the normal word type of passwords, how the heck am I going to remember one with all those in? And to add insult to injury, people say you shouldn't right them down. WTF??
Ahhh I hate passwords so much too! I think this is why I have avoided online banking. My bank pin I remember by sequence rather then number. My work gate pin the same although I can remember it but if someone asks me the code there and then.

Desert Rose
Regular Poster

Post by Desert Rose » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:12 pm

People not putting things into context and then expecting you to know what they're talking about.

otis_b_flywheel
Regular Poster

Post by otis_b_flywheel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm

TLAs - also known as Three Letter Acronyms. Terrible for anyone with a short-term memory problem and also frequently "hidden behind" instead of using the simple words "we" and "us". To my mind anyone communicating whilst frequently using these comes across as a faceless bureaucrat rather than a human being - apologies if this causes offence to anyone :-)
Even worse when used with a possessive apostrophe - ugh!
I'll now get off my soapbox and go cook some dinner.
Regards
Tim

"I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome."

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm

katherine100 wrote:So what would you put in room 101?

I think for me it would be:
1. Netball - all that leaping and pivoting. It's just not for me.
2. People who say "but you had it a minute ago!" when I lose something. A lot can happen in a minute!
3. Wasps. They're pointless and they're a pain.
I am so with you on wasps. I turn into a child when a wasp is around and run away, lol.

For me, it would be:
1. Sports in general
2. The saying "but you seem happy" when I have clearly stated I am depressed
3. Animal cruelty, although I am not sure if that is a valid thing to put in Room 101, as they are normally frivolous things

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

President Donald Trump