Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

katherine100
Getting settled in

Room 101

Postby katherine100 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 pm

So what would you put in room 101?

I think for me it would be:
1. Netball - all that leaping and pivoting. It's just not for me.
2. People who say "but you had it a minute ago!" when I lose something. A lot can happen in a minute!
3. Wasps. They're pointless and they're a pain.

Jim
Super poster

Re: Room 101

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 am

1: Shopping in supermarkets.... People being obliviously ignorant and inconsiderate to others, little girls wearing heelies and self service checkouts which stops to ask for store assistance on nearly every single item. I could write a book on this but in interest of time I will resist.

2: Voice recognition switchboards... Minutes of aggro navigating a maze of ineffectiveness when all you want to do is talk to an actual person.

3: Pokeman Go... Seriously what the actual f***?
Jim is back ... Jim is J i m and J i m is Jim.

Confused? I'd be.

Tom fod
Administrator

Postby Tom fod » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Great idea for a fun thread

I'm the moderator so I feel I can 'cheat' a little and be wide ranging (and hope my fellow Mods don't reprimand me)

Anyone or anything I think is illogical or stupid or pointless (to me) - actually I might as well try to enter room 101 myself assuming I can manage to get in there!)

Ok I shall try to play by the rules
Football
Craig David
Status Quo
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

katherine100
Getting settled in

Postby katherine100 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:50 pm

With you both on all of those. Especially self service checkouts at the supermarket! Grrrrrr

nickye
Power poster

Postby nickye » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:35 am

Ah yes - self service checkouts that take twice as long as normal ones!

I'd also put in:

motorway sliproads
TV news where there's a line of text running along the bottom which drive me nuts!
i-phones because I keep typing in every word wrong - I like the blackberry with the little keyboard

I love Room 101 the show - Frank Skinner is brilliant! Perhaps he should do a dyspraxic edition :)

katherine100
Getting settled in

Postby katherine100 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:48 pm

Good additions Nicky!

I love the show too and a dyspraxia episode is a brilliant idea!

Clumsy
Getting settled in

Postby Clumsy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:12 pm

I've got two things!!

Dressing gowns. I'm pretty sure I'm on my own here (maybe I'm not??) but I just can't abide by them. I had one when I was young, slippers too, but the dressing down kept on coming undone and the slippers just felt weird wearing things on my feet when indoors. I'm a pjs person, shorts and a hoodie if it's a bit chilly.

Self service checkouts. During my lunch break at work I quite often nip to the supermarket with my colleague. We both use the self service (her just automatically, me by accident as I just follow her and by the time I realise I've got to do battle with the think it's too late a duck-out) she whizzes through like it's absultly nothing, I tentatively approach it waiting for it to confuse me. I'm sure the machine just sees me coming.

:) :)

katherine100
Getting settled in

Postby katherine100 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi Clumsy!

I'm definitely with you on self service check outs. They get me all flustered! I too avoid them like the plague.

Can't say I agree with you on dressing gowns though. I love a good dressing gown me!

Katherine

Clumsy
Getting settled in

Postby Clumsy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:41 pm

I like the idea of them; no awkward small talk with the person behind the checkout, speed of service etc, but the reality of them is just a car crash of frustration.

And yeah, I'm sure I'm on my own on the dressing gown thing! :S

DanAu96
Getting settled in

Postby DanAu96 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 am

mine are

Football (or any sport for that matter)
writing/drawing by hand
tomatoes

Clumsy
Getting settled in

Postby Clumsy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Right, found my number 3 for room 101-- Christmas!!

Yeah, I know this makes me sound grumpy, but I just dot get it. Firstly, it's a religious festival and being not a religious folk I don't see I have any place celebrating it. Secondly, the day is complete chaos, loud, with no obvious structure. Thirdly, presents. I'm never sure what to get for people, and not ever sure what to say when I receive them.

The other thing is cracker jokes. Just don't get 'em.

Tom fod
Administrator

Postby Tom fod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Clumsy
I'd happily second Christmas (Bah Humbug) The religious festival part has long since been hijacked and I believe the festival actually has it's roots in paganism so somewhere along the line the Christian faith co-opted it

Agree cracker jokes are rubbish but . . .
What is the most inarticulate insect?

A Mumble Bee (not sure if this originally came from a cracker?)

Dan - why tomatoes then?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

DanAu96
Getting settled in

Postby DanAu96 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Tom fod wrote:

Dan - why tomatoes then?

I just don't like the taste of them, not a dyspraxia thing i don't think

Philip
Power poster

Postby Philip » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Self server checkout (I prefer to be served by a person) not a machine I am not paid to do serve myself. but I am willing for the self to help me do it.

Christmas, as you get older you seem to struggled to know of things you like,

i leave it to my sister to buy the presents and we split it three ways sister, her partner and myself. I sort out the extra thing for my mum for birthday some flowers.

Also sometimes I do wish that people can kindly put their devices down like it was back in the 90s for one day, when not many people had mobile phones and certain social media was not around in todays form.

dressing gown, I needed one when I went in to have a lump cut off, but was a day job. the lump was a non cancerous lump, but a nf lump.

I see no point of me having one I dont sleep naked at home, will need it if it cold at home, but I get dress when I get up.

katherine100
Getting settled in

Postby katherine100 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Christmas 101 is a great idea! My 3 would be:
1. Christmas cards - I get so stressed each year trying to get them done in time and I never send them to everyone I should which makes me feel guilty!
2. Wrapping presents. I am really bad at it and my presents always look rubbish!
3. Trying to get on with tired, stressed relatives in close quarters for days when I too am tired and stressed!

Definitely Bah humbug, Christmas is hard!

I think hatred of self service check outs is unanimous then.

Return to “The Lounge”