Hobbies

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Quentin
New member - welcome them!

Re: Hobbies

Post by Quentin »

Like to reading books and surfing on internet in my free timing...
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I'm a complete tech freak, and I spend way to much time in front of a PC (so much in fact that I'm trying to look for another hobby), but I also like reading, going to the pub and occasionally going to see a movie.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I like knitting and am attempting to make a scarf I've been doing it on and off for six years, but now I have finally finished uni and have a life again I'm doing it more and more. I also attend a local drama group and often volunteer there. They have a writers group which I go to and have recently entered a play I've written to see if it'll be put on soon.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

How do you find knitting - I havent tryed myself as I am not that intrested in it personaly and also it looks like a dyspraxic nightmare with the fine moter skills needed and thinking how it all goes etc.
The real Mr Potato Head
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I find it very theraputic. I love writing though so am always writing plays. I entered one recently for a local thing at my drama group though am waiting to hear if it has been successful. If anyone wants a read PM me.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
StuartDotC
Getting settled in

Post by StuartDotC »

I don't watch much T.V but I like F1 and the odd movie now and again. Love to play computer games and surf the net. I kinda like photography but I only have a compact camera at the minute, hoping to get a DSLR in the near future but they're so bloody expensive for a decent one :( When I can get myself one though I'm gonna join the local camera club so I can get out the house a bit more and do something with my time.

Not really a sporty person at all but I do swimming every week with the kids.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I once combined F1 & Photography into a rather elaborate hobby in that I attended many F1 tests as an accredited photographer (unpaid sadly). But I haven't done it for a while due to circumstances. (money and lack of testing these days!) Still.. At least it got me to shaking hands distance of many a motor-sport personality, quite a privilege really.

I did once think of making a career out of it, and actually made it to interview stage with Sutton who advertised once on the ITV coverage show. They got literally thousands of applicants.. So I don't think i did badly at all to actually get an interview, that was a few years ago now, I think any opportunity has well and truly passed for me now. Don't get enough practical these days to improve my skills.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
StuartDotC
Getting settled in

Post by StuartDotC »

Jim wrote:I once combined F1 & Photography into a rather elaborate hobby in that I attended many F1 tests as an accredited photographer
Now that would be my dream job (I'd even pay them to let me do it :lol: ). Did you hear about the testing accident yesterday? very sad indecent, sounds like Maria de Villota will never be able to race again :(
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

A very nasty accident. As I understand it she has lost her right eye and has already undergone 12+ hours of surgery for the head trauma she recieved. Her condition is critical and she is now likely to be in an induced coma. I wouldn't just be fearing for her driving career but suspecting (assuming she survives) brain damage.

Ome thing this will do is call a through investigation into the ergonomics of air field testing, in why on earth was a transporter truck (with it's tailgate open) anywhere near the live part of the track? This would have been a potentially nasty accident at a purpose built race track let alone an air field, and speaking from experience of being in a live pit-lane, (I've narrowly avoided being ran over on a few ocassions!) there are plenty of hazards increasing the risks of silly accidents.

The risk of Maria's accident would have been greatly reduced had the truck not had it's tailgate down, and if it were parked in a more sensible place.

I really hope she pulls through, it was a horrible accdident and it would be a tragedy if she turned out to be the first F1 driver fatality since Ayrton Senna.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Tokis86
Getting settled in

Post by Tokis86 »

My hobbies;

1. Fish keeping. I have 150gallon tank (6ft), 1 100gal tank (5ft), 1 30gal tank (3ft) and a quarantine/hospital tank. I keep a variety of tropical freshwater community fish (mostly all small fish varieties but i have a few big fish). I also have a big goldfish pond outside (24ft long) with about 90 goldfish in it.

2. Art. LOVE art. Spend a lot of time drawing, i've done tattoo art on-off over the years (but i'm beginning to take it more seriously now).

3. Cooking & gardening.

4. Making jewelry & other stuff.

Interests;

1. VERY into my music. Very diverse tastes- everything from latest chart music to 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's music. Rock, pop, dance, trance, dubstep, bossa nova etc, you name it i'm into it (apart from Rap/Hip Hop/R&B- never got into those genres that much, only a few artists/songs i like from that sort of music) . Also music from other countries- i'm VERY into my Japanese music (modern), S.Korean and more recently Indian & Mexican.

2. Very into my archaeology & paleontology.

3. History, politics, foreign cultures, hot topics.

4. The usual stuff- "going out" i.e. pubbing & clubbing, socializing in general, love doing day out stuff (visiting castles & beaches and stuff). Sport: I play pool for fun but that's about it.

There's probably more stuff but this is just from the top of my head :P .
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

Reading (currently reading lord of the rings)
Video games (Currently playing kingdom hearts dream drop distance)
Gardening
Going to Sidari in Corfu
Watching tv
Doing animal related stuff
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
LuluBoo
Getting settled in

Post by LuluBoo »

Reading
Manga (drawing in the style)
anime
cartoons
drawing in general
anything to do with disney, hello kitty or adventure time
I'm also a nostalgia geek :)
MaryJohn

Post by MaryJohn »

Reading story books and collecting stamps are my hobbies. I have more than 100 stamps .
Plastic

Post by Plastic »

My hobby is drawing, I just love it and spend 5h per day on practice:D